Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Captain James Blakely (1812-1913) was a merchant and one of the founding members of Brownsville, OR. Collections contains one scrapbook of letters, programs, receipts, photographs, and other mementos relating to the career of James Blakely, Brownsville, Oregon.
Justin Chenoweth (1829-1898) was an Oregon pioneer and surveyor. Collection includes two containers of family letters, poems, important documents, Chenoweth's diary, and biographical and genealogical material.
John Webster Perit Huntington (1831-1869), publisher, lawyer, teacher, farmer and Superintendent of Indian Affairs in Oregon. In 1857 Huntington met and married Mary Applegate (1834-1878), daughter of Charles Applegate. Collections include copies of 9 letters addressed to "Ma" and "Pa." These letters are both written by John and his wife Mary to their parents between 1855 and 1860.
Prichard left Polk County, Iowa in 1852; was in Marysville, Calif., in 1861; Union, Oregon, 1865-1867; and Rye Valley, Oregon, 1868-1869. In 1865, he built a toll road from Union to Express Ranch, Oregon, an investment that failed. His very occasional letters to a brother, Amos, and to other relatives in Iowa give a bare account of his experiences.
J. Q. Thornton (1810-1888) was a lawyer, Oregon pioneer, judge and lobbyist. Collection includes one, fifteen paged copy of "Oregon History" written by Thornton; one, eleven paged letter to Thornton concerning the Indian Delegation that went to St. Louis to inquire about the Bible; and one, six paged autobiography of Thornton.
Lucy Applegate (1830-1910) was the daughter of Charles Applegate and the niece of Jesse Applegate who helped establish the Applegate Trail in Oregon. Collection contains five letters that are undated.
- Correspondence 4
- Frontier and pioneer life 4
- Pioneers -- Oregon -- Correspondence 3
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Oregon Territory 2
- Oregon National Historic Trail -- Description and travel 2
- Pioneers -- Oregon Territory 2
- Autobiographies 1
- Brownsville (Or.) 1
- Diaries 1
- Genealogies (histories) 1
- Histories 1
- Judges -- Oregon 1
- Marysville (Calif.) 1
- Oregon Territory -- Politics and government 1
- Photographs 1
- Pioneers -- California 1
- Pioneers -- California -- Correspondence 1
- Pioneers -- Oregon 1 ∧ less
- Applegate, Lucy, 1830-1910 1
- Blakely, James, 1812-1913 1
- Chenoweth, Justin, 1825-1898 1
- Huntington, John Webster Perit, 1831-1869 1
- Huntington, Mary, 1834-1878 1