Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Albert Applegate (1843-1888) was a farmer and served in the 1st Oregon Volunteer Infantry Regiment. He was the son of Jesse Applegate who helped establish the Applegate Trail. Collection contains nine photostats of letters written by Albert Applegate during his military career.
Justin Chenoweth (1829-1898) was an Oregon pioneer and surveyor. Collection includes two containers of family letters, poems, important documents, Chenoweth's diary, and biographical and genealogical material.
Robert Donald Clark (1910- ) was a professor of speech, author, public speaker, and university president. The Robert D. Clark Papers are comprised of correspondence, schoolwork, speeches, writings, research notes, publications, administrative reports and memoranda, and reference files.
Rev. James Croke (1827-1888) was a Catholic missionary priest who served in Oregon in the 1850s, reporting directly to Bishop Francis Blanchet of Oregon City, Oregon. This small collection consists of typed transcripts of letters from Croke to Blanchet concerning the details of his missionary work. The original letters are held privately.
Prichard left Polk County, Iowa in 1852; was in Marysville, Calif., in 1861; Union, Oregon, 1865-1867; and Rye Valley, Oregon, 1868-1869. In 1865, he built a toll road from Union to Express Ranch, Oregon, an investment that failed. His very occasional letters to a brother, Amos, and to other relatives in Iowa give a bare account of his experiences.
- Correspondence 3
- Letters (Correspondence) 3
- Pioneers 3
- California 2
- Frontier and pioneer life 2
- Letters 2
- Oregon 2
- Oregon National Historic Trail -- Description and travel 2
- Pioneers -- Oregon -- Correspondence 2
- Camp Watson (Or.) 1
- Catholic Church -- Clergy 1
- Catholic Church -- Missions 1
- Clippings 1
- College presidents -- California -- San Jose 1
- College presidents -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Colleges and Universities 1
- Diaries 1
- Education, Higher -- United States -- History -- 20th century -- Sources 1
- Eugene (Or.) -- History 1
- Genealogies (histories) 1 ∧ less
- Applegate, Albert, 1843-1888 1
- Blanchet, Francis Norbert, 1795-1883 1
- Catholic Church 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Oregon City (Or.) 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of San Francisco (Calif.) 1