Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
Alpha Delta Sigma (ADS), a national honor society sponsored by AAF, recognizes and encourages scholastic achievement in advertising studies. The collection includes chapter handbooks and scrapbooks, convention materials, photographs, financial records, correspondence, and membership information, 1942-1957.
The Asklepiads Pre-Med Society is a student-run organization at the University of Oregon open to all students interested in the medical field. The collection (1929-1983) contains meeting minutes, ritual, photographs, and treasurer's reports.
Laura J. Bock was a student at the University of Oregon during the 1960s who took part in civil rights activism and anti-vietnam protests at the university. The collection (1962-1969) contains political ephemera such as flyers and posters, memos, buttons, and underground newsletters and publications, as well as Bock's personal notes, correspondence, and an oral history (with transcript).
The departments of Geography and Geology were closely intertwined until the 1970's at the university of Oregon even though the Department of Geography was officially created during the 1932/33 school year. The collection contains departmental administrative files.
The Department of Military Science was established at the University of Oregon in 1919, although the school had sponsored military training through the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) program before the creation of a Military Science department. The collection includes department files and ROTC/Air Force ROTC information, audiotapes, scrapbooks, photographs, clippings, newsletters, student orientation and training, and protest information, 1916-1972.
Earl Kilpatrick (1899 - 1927) was a graduate of of the University of Oregon and would become the director of the Extension Division at the University of Oregon in 1915, a position he held until 1926 when he left to become the disaster director of the Red cross at St. Louis, Missouri. The collection contains diaries which include minutes of faculty and other university related meetings, scrapbooks, photographs, and mementos.
The University of Oregon's art museum first opened its doors to the public on June 10, 1933; it was renovated and reopened in 2005 as the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art (MOA). The collection (1915-2007) contains records of the Museum and the Friends of the Museum of Art organization, and material includes correspondence and minutes, history files, exhibit and loan material, acquisition files, photographs, and building records among other material.
Orchesis was a student athletic club of modern dance that was established in 1938. The collection includes a scrapbook.
Horace Robinson (1909-2009), Professor Emeritus of the University of Oregon, served on the faculty as technical director, scene designer, and director of the University of Oregon Theatre. Papers include manuscripts, scripts, scores and other creative works from productions at the University Theatre, photographs, and records of Robinson's involvement in local, national, and international professional and community service organizations.
The School of Journalism and Communication (SOJC) at the University of Oregon was created in 1916 and offers undergraduate and graduate degrees. The collection includes faculty meeting minutes and correspondence, special lecture and symposium information, SOJC publications, accreditation reports, records of the Dean's office, awards, scripts and audio tapes, and event information, 1915-2010.
The Students' Cooperative Association in Eugene, Oregon is a student-owned housing organization that offers cooperative living arrangements for members who live in the Campbell Club, Lorax Manner, and the Janet Smith cooperative. This collection includes scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, and photographs, 1930-1960.
In 1954, the University of Oregon Basketball team undertook an exhibition tour of Asia and the Business Manager for the tour, J.O. Lindstrom, accompanied the student athletes and kept a diary. The collection (1954-1955) contains Lindstrom's diary, reports, and also programs and itineraries of the tour, correspondence and postcards, photographs, collected business cards, and newspaper clippings.
Theatre productions were performed at University of Oregon long before the University Theatre was built in 1949; the Horace Robinson Theatre (as it is now known) is used primarily for Department of Theatre Arts productions. The collection (1909-2009) contains annual reports, publicity materials, production reports, photographs and slides, reviews, correspondence, meeting minutes, and also records from Carnival Theater and Very Little Theatre.
- Universities and colleges -- Oregon -- Eugene 14
- Colleges and Universities 13
- Correspondence 8
- Clippings 6
- Scrapbooks 5
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene 4
- Financial records 4
- Audiotapes 3
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene -- Societies, etc 3
- Diaries 3
- Reports 3
- Administrative records 2
- Annual reports 2
- Office files 2
- Theater programs 2
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Protest movements -- Oregon -- Eugene 2
- Adult education teachers -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Advertising -- Oregon -- Eugene -- Societies, etc 1 + ∧ less
- University of Oregon 10
- Robinson, Horace W., 1909- 2
- University of Oregon. University Theatre 2
- Alpha Delta Sigma. W. F. G. Thacher Chapter (University of Oregon) 1
- American National Red Cross 1
- Asklepiads Pre-Med Society 1
- Bock, Laura J. 1
- Charles H. Lundquist College of Business 1
- Graves, Morris, 1910-2001 1
- Harada, Jiro 1
- Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art 1
- Kilpatrick, Earl, 1899-1927 1
- Lindholm, Richard W. (Richard Wadsworth), 1913-1994 1
- Lindstrom, J. Orville, -1993 1
- Miller, Harry B. 1
- Morris, Victor Pierpont, 1891- 1
- Orchesis (Dance group : University of Oregon) 1
- Oregon Ducks (Basketball team) 1
- Portland School of Social Work 1
- Reinmuth, James E., 1940- 1 + ∧ less