Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 58
The Academic Distinctions committee at the University of Oregon was concerned with reviewing the requirements for achieving various academic distinctions. Collection contains material regarding a new grading system and the honors college, 1970-1971.
Eric W. Allen (1879-1944 ) was the first Dean of the School of Journalism, University of Oregon, and held that post from 1916 to his death in 1944. The collection (1917-1934) contains personal and professional correspondence, and a few manuscripts.
Established in 1942, the Asian Studies Program at the University of Oregon is one of the oldest interdisciplinary programs in the United States to focus on Asia. The collection contains files on the Pacific Rim Studies center, program evaluation, outreach to public schools, funding and grant proposals, essay contests, correspondence, and committee and department meeting minutes, 1966-1982.
Beta Phi Mu, the library and information studies honor society, was founded at the University of Illinois in August, 1948. The collection contains the University of Oregon chapter records consisting of bylaws, ritual information, correspondence, committee information and minutes, member and initiate information, treasurer's books and receipts, and a brass wick lamp, 1973.
Laura J. Bock was a student at the University of Oregon during the 1960s who took part in civil rights activism and anti-vietnam protests at the university. The collection (1962-1969) contains political ephemera such as flyers and posters, memos, buttons, and underground newsletters and publications, as well as Bock's personal notes, correspondence, and an oral history (with transcript).
The Center for the Advanced Study of Educational Administration, a division of the Institute for Community Studies, was established in 1964 with funds granted by the Research and Development Program of the United States Office of Education. Collection includes correspondence, committee and general reports, and general office records, 1966-1970.
The Department of Comparative Literature offers undergraduate and graduate degrees. It is also the home of the journal Comparative Literature. The collection contains records that document the functions and activities of this program and the literary journal Comparative Literature.
Delta Nu Alpha is an international organization dedicated to transportation and logistics. The collection contains University of Oregon chapter records that document the functions, activities, and people of the organization. Records include correspondence, newsletters, meeting minutes, membership files, national materials, subject files on transportation topics, and photographs, 1947-1958.
The University of Oregon offered a major and minor in American Studies from 1984 until 1991. The collection contains records that document the functions, activities, and people of the department.
Household Arts, later renamed Home Economics, was a department at the University of Oregon from 1917-1974. The collection contains records that document the functions, activities, and people of the department.
The Department of Political Science at the University of Oregon offers majors, minors, and graduate degrees. The collection (1933-2008) consists of committee, advisory council, and task force files, department minutes and correspondence, curriculum changes files, University of Oregon's School of Desegregation Training and Research Institute files, and mock Republican Convention files.
The study of rhetoric and performance has been a part of the curriculum of the University of Oregon since it opened its doors in 1877; the Department of Speech also used to offer classes in radio, film, theatre study, and also dramatic performance. The bulk of the collection (1948-1999) consists of records when the Department of Speech was heavily involved with theatre performance.
The Educational Activities Board at the University of Oregon comprised alumni and students and administered student activities and clubs at the university, except sports. The collection (1932-1948) contains records from the multitude of groups, programs, and clubs it oversaw including the Oregon Daily Emerald, Oregana, women's clubs, concerts and performances, and UO band and orchestra, among many others.
Educational Opportunity Services was created in 1964 and provided opportunities and educational access for students that were considered educationally disadvantaged. The collection contains records that document the functions and activities of this service, and may include records from the Native American Program, Project 75, Sesamex, Upward Bound, High School Equivalency Program, and/or Project Connection.
The Faculty Advisory Council at the University of Oregon is a university standing committee responsible for providing the President and other administration officials with faculty opinion and counsel on a wide range of university affairs. The collection (1913-1988) contains a history of the council, minutes, memoranda, reports, and curriculum files.
Lawrence Thomas Harris (1873-1960) served in the Oregon House of Representatives (1901-1903) and as a justice in the Oregon Supreme Court (1914-1924). The collection (1915-1918; 1923-1927) contains personal and political correspondence files and testimony from the Taxpayers Equalization League, a group that supported the Zorn-McPherson bill to consolidate higher education in Oregon.
The High School Debating League was started by the Oregon Teacher Association and the University of Oregon contributed by publishing the Debating News newsletter, scheduling, and hosting the championship debate. The collection includes correspondence, programs, copies of the Debating News, and meeting minutes, 1910-1924.
The University of Oregon's art museum first opened its doors to the public on June 10, 1933; it was renovated and reopened in 2005 as the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art (MOA). The collection (1915-2007) contains records of the Museum and the Friends of the Museum of Art organization, and material includes correspondence and minutes, history files, exhibit and loan material, acquisition files, photographs, and building records among other material.
The University of Oregon Mortar Board Society was founded in 1923. The collection includes office files, minutes, and society history files.
Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia was established for male musicians in 1898 as a secret society, and in 1900 became a collegiate fraternity. The collection contains the University of Oregon's Psi Chapter records including a fraternity scrapbook, correspondence, and records of honorary members.
In 1936 the State Board of Higher Education combined the Oregon State Museum of Anthropology, the Condon Museum of Geology, the University Herbarium, and the Museum of Zoology into the University of Oregon Museum of Natural History. The collection contains correspondence, reports, meeting notes and minutes, Herbarium historical documents, glass negatives, photographs, a Museum of Anthropology accessions/inventory journal, and a negative of Fort Rock sandals.
Mathematician Charles Hiram Chapman served as President of the University of Oregon, 1893-1899, and taught mathematical physics at the university. Collection contains incoming inquires and correspondence of Charles Chapman during his presidency at the University of Oregon, 1893-1896.
Clarence Valentine Boyer (1880-1954) was an English professor and dean at the University of Oregon, and also served as University President from 1934 until 1938. The collection (1932-1970) contains records from the Office of the President which include correspondence, reports, minutes, financial records, among other documents.
Donald Milton Erb served as the President of University of Oregon from 1938 to 1943. The collection contains records from the Office of the President from 1933 to 1942.
Orlando John Hollis served as interim president of the University of Oregon from 1944 until Harry K. Newburn became the eighth president in 1945, serving until 1953. The collection contains records from the Office of the President from 1945-1953.
John Wesley Johnson (1836-1898) was an Oregon pioneer, a teacher and administrator in Oregon schools and colleges, was a professor of Latin, and also the first President of the University of Oregon, from 1876 until 1893. The collection (1888-1905) contains records from the Office of the President during Johnson's tenure and also cover the tenure of presidents' Charles Hiram Chapman (1893-1899), Frank Strong (1899-1902), and (the first four years of) Prince Lucien Campbell (1902-1905).
Prince Lucien Campbell (1861-1925) served as president of the University of Oregon from 1902 until 1925. The collection contains records that document the Office of the President, 1902-1927.
- Education, Higher -- Oregon -- Eugene 57
- Universities and colleges -- Oregon -- Eugene 50
- Colleges and Universities 36
- Reports 16
- Office files 14
- Administrative records 12
- Financial records 12
- Memorandums 9
- College presidents -- Oregon -- Eugene 8
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene -- Societies, etc 8
- Greek letter societies -- Oregon -- Eugene 8
- Photographs 8
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene 7
- Student Life 6
- Annual reports 5
- Clippings 5
- Oregon 5
- Programs 4
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty 4 + ∧ less
- University of Oregon 40
- University of Oregon. Office of the President 8
- Clark, Robert D. (Robert Donald), 1910-2005 3
- Robinson, Horace W., 1909- 3
- University of Oregon. University Theatre 3
- Campbell, Prince Lucien, 1861-1925 2
- Erb, Donald M. (Donald Milton), 1900-1943 2
- Flemming, Arthur S. (Arthur Sherwood), 1905-1996 2
- Newburn, Harry Kenneth, 1906- 2
- Oregon State College 2
- Oregon State System of Higher Education 2
- Tugman, William M. (William Masten), 1893-1961 2
- University of Oregon. Associated Students 2
- University of Oregon. Department of Theatre Arts 2
- University of Oregon. School of Journalism 2
- Allen, Eric W. (Eric William), 1879-1944 1
- Andrews, Fred C. 1
- Beall, Chandler B. (Chandler Baker), 1901-1993 1
- Bede, Elbert, 1881- 1
- Beta Phi Mu 1 + ∧ less