Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 38
Launched 1879 with five alumni, the University of Oregon Alumni Association works to keep alumni connected to the university. The collection contains Alumni Holding Company and Alumni Association records including correspondence, minutes, publications, reports, and newsletters, directories, resolutions, financial records, donor relations files, reunion information, photographs, slides, and negatives as well as correspondence and other information on students who served in WWI and WWII.
The Eugene-Lane branch of the Association of American University Women (AAUW) is a Woman's association whose members have gained degrees in higher education. This collection contains such items as historical scrapbooks, Administrative and financial records, records of Branch events, and some small amount of state and national documents.
Fred Elijah Ames was a forester in Oregon. The collection contains his diaries, photographs, and reports.
Roy C. Andrews was a school teacher and administrator in Michigan, Texas, Arkansas, Washington and Oregon. He was a chemistry instructor at the University of Oregon from 1935 until his retirement in 1950. Andrews is noted for his photographs of one-room schoolhouses in southern Lane County, 1911-1913. The collection consists of diaries, one account book, two ledgers, music concert lists, correspondence, University of Oregon material, and photographs.
Herbert Edward Arntson (1911-1982) was an author, English professor, and musician. The collection includes manuscripts of books and short stories, poems, speeches and correspondence, which reflect his work.
The Asklepiads Pre-Med Society is a student-run organization at the University of Oregon open to all students interested in the medical field. The collection (1929-1983) contains meeting minutes, ritual, photographs, and treasurer's reports.
Homer Barnett (1906-1985) was an anthropologist who studied the indigenous people of the Palau Islands, and a professor at the University of Oregon from 1939 to 1974. The collection includes faculty papers, correspondence, student works, writings, research notes, sound recordings, microfilm, slides, photographs, personal papers, and film that reflect his life and career.
William Gilbert Beattie was a teacher and district superintendent of schools in Alaska, 1905-1919. He was associated with the Metlakhtla Colony from 1910, and was well acquainted with Edward Marsden. The collection contains correspondence, newspapers, pamphlets, photographs and other materials relating to Beattie's career in Alaska.
Laura J. Bock was a student at the University of Oregon during the 1960s who took part in civil rights activism and anti-vietnam protests at the university. The collection (1962-1969) contains political ephemera such as flyers and posters, memos, buttons, and underground newsletters and publications, as well as Bock's personal notes, correspondence, and an oral history (with transcript).
Robert Donald Clark (1910- ) was a professor of speech, author, public speaker, and university president. The Robert D. Clark Papers are comprised of correspondence, schoolwork, speeches, writings, research notes, publications, administrative reports and memoranda, and reference files.
Collection contains correspondence, legal documents, publications and articles, miscellany, and newspaper clippings relating to the trial of Annette Buchanan, Managing Editor for the Oregon Daily Emerald, in the late 1960's.
Collection includes personal papers, professional papers, publications, field notes, slides and negatives, and reel-to-reel films relating to the career of Luther Cressman (1897-1994), an anthropologist and University of Oregon professor who focused on prehistoric man in Oregon.
The departments of Geography and Geology were closely intertwined until the 1970's at the university of Oregon even though the Department of Geography was officially created during the 1932/33 school year. The collection contains departmental administrative files.
The Department of Military Science was established at the University of Oregon in 1919, although the school had sponsored military training through the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) program before the creation of a Military Science department. The collection includes department files and ROTC/Air Force ROTC information, audiotapes, scrapbooks, photographs, clippings, newsletters, student orientation and training, and protest information, 1916-1972.
Earl Kilpatrick (1899 - 1927) was a graduate of of the University of Oregon and would become the director of the Extension Division at the University of Oregon in 1915, a position he held until 1926 when he left to become the disaster director of the Red cross at St. Louis, Missouri. The collection contains diaries which include minutes of faculty and other university related meetings, scrapbooks, photographs, and mementos.
This collection is comprised of a scrapbook and three photographs documenting Helen Huntington's University of Oregon experience from 1918 to 1920.
The University of Oregon's art museum first opened its doors to the public on June 10, 1933; it was renovated and reopened in 2005 as the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art (MOA). The collection (1915-2007) contains records of the Museum and the Friends of the Museum of Art organization, and material includes correspondence and minutes, history files, exhibit and loan material, acquisition files, photographs, and building records among other material.
The Edward Wilson Kimbark papers contain the personal and professional manuscripts, correspondence, photographs and subject files of Edward Wilson Kimbark, who was an esteemed electrical engineer. The collection contains published material, personal notes from academic classes both taken and taught as well as personal diaries by both him and his first wife.
Ellis F. Lawrence was an American architect. Conllection includes correspondence, architectural drawings, and photographs relating to projects undertaken by Lawrence & Holford, or McNaughton, Raymond & Lawrence, mainly in Oregon and Washington, from 1909 to 1924.
Karl Onthank worked on the staff of the University of Oregon from 1916 to 1957. Onthank and his wife, Ruth, were active conservationists. The collection consists of family history and personal correspondence, manuscripts, and photographs.
Orchesis was a student athletic club of modern dance that was established in 1938. The collection includes a scrapbook.
The Oregon Folk League promoted and administered a social and recreation center located in Siuslaw Bay, Oregon for members of the University of Oregon community; members of the league also formed a non-profit corporation, the Siuslaw Bay Community Inc., which held title to the land used by the league. The collection (1934-1941) contains promotion and administrative documents, a land deed, correspondence, meeting minutes, plans and blueprints of the center, and a photograph.
Horace Robinson (1909-2009), Professor Emeritus of the University of Oregon, served on the faculty as technical director, scene designer, and director of the University of Oregon Theatre. Papers include manuscripts, scripts, scores and other creative works from productions at the University Theatre, photographs, and records of Robinson's involvement in local, national, and international professional and community service organizations.
The School of Architecture and Allied Arts was founded in 1914. The collection contains fifty-seven scrapbooks that include articles, correspondence, photographs and memorabilia relating to the school, its faculty, staff and students, 1916-1968.
The School of Journalism and Communication (SOJC) at the University of Oregon was created in 1916 and offers undergraduate and graduate degrees. The collection includes faculty meeting minutes and correspondence, special lecture and symposium information, SOJC publications, accreditation reports, records of the Dean's office, awards, scripts and audio tapes, and event information, 1915-2010.
The University of Oregon School of Law was founded in 1884, the Wayne Morse Chair was created in 1980, and the Wayne Morse Center for Law and Politics was created in the year 2000. The collection contains records that document the functions, activities, and people of the Law School, the Wayne Morse Chair, and the Morse Center for Law and Politics.
Henry Davidson Sheldon was a faculty member at the University of Oregon in the field of education. This collection contains biographical material, correspondence, manuscripts and research materials, and photographs.
- Photographs 37
- Correspondence 20
- Universities and colleges -- Oregon -- Eugene 16
- Education, Higher -- Oregon -- Eugene 13
- Oregon 11
- Clippings 9
- Diaries 8
- Scrapbooks 8
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene 5
- Office files 4
- Reports 4
- Administrative records 3
- Architectural drawings 3
- Audiotapes 3
- Financial records 3
- Journalism 3
- Sound Recordings 3
- Sports and Recreation 3
- Alaska 2 + ∧ less
- University of Oregon 22
- Cressman, Luther S., 1897-1994 2
- Robinson, Horace W., 1909- 2
- University of Oregon. Department of Athletics 2
- University of Oregon. University Theatre 2
- 1000 Friends of Oregon 1
- American Anthropological Association 1
- American Association of University Women. Eugene-Lane Branch 1
- American National Red Cross 1
- Ames, Fred Elijah, 1880-1957 1
- Andrews, Roy Chester, 1885-1955 1
- Arntson, Herbert E., 1911- 1
- Asklepiads Pre-Med Society 1
- Barnett, H. G. (Homer Garner), 1906-1985 1
- Beattie, William Gilbert 1
- Bock, Laura J. 1
- Bowerman, William J. 1
- Charles H. Lundquist College of Business 1
- Clark University (Worcester, Mass.) 1
- Clark, Robert D. (Robert Donald), 1910-2005 1 + ∧ less