Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11

Asian Studies Program records

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: UA 138
Abstract

Established in 1942, the Asian Studies Program at the University of Oregon is one of the oldest interdisciplinary programs in the United States to focus on Asia. The collection contains files on the Pacific Rim Studies center, program evaluation, outreach to public schools, funding and grant proposals, essay contests, correspondence, and committee and department meeting minutes, 1966-1982.

Dates: 1966-1982

Center for the Advanced Study of Educational Administration records

 Collection — Box: 1 (1996.309.A)
Identifier: UA 165
Abstract

The Center for the Advanced Study of Educational Administration, a division of the Institute for Community Studies, was established in 1964 with funds granted by the Research and Development Program of the United States Office of Education. Collection includes correspondence, committee and general reports, and general office records, 1966-1970.

Dates: 1966-1970

Educational Opportunity Services records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 160
Abstract

Educational Opportunity Services was created in 1964 and provided opportunities and educational access for students that were considered educationally disadvantaged. The collection contains records that document the functions and activities of this service, and may include records from the Native American Program, Project 75, Sesamex, Upward Bound, High School Equivalency Program, and/or Project Connection.

Dates: 1964-1977

Lundquist College of Business (LCB) records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 039
Abstract The University of Oregon began offering a business curriculum in 1884. Originally called the School of Commerce, it was renamed the School of Business Administration in 1920. In 1993, the department was renamed the Lundquist College of Business (LCB) in honor of alumnus and generous donor Charles H. Lundquist. The collection includes records from the Dean’s Office (1920-1952; 1958-1988) as well as records of the school’s work with local businesses, universities, and...
Dates: 1920-2007

Office of the President: Frank Strong records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 001-003
Abstract

Frank Strong served as president of the University of Oregon from 1899 to 1902. The collection contains records of the Office of the President from 1899-1902.

Dates: 1899-1902

Phi Chi Theta records

 Collection — Box: 1 (1996.608.A)
Identifier: UA 183
Abstract

Phi Chi Theta is a business and economics fraternity that was founded on June 16, 1924 in Chicago, Illinois; the now inactive University of Oregon chapter was formed in 1962. The collection includes correspondence, minutes, office files and artifacts, 1976-1978

Dates: 1976-1978

School of Law records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 132
Abstract

The University of Oregon School of Law was founded in 1884, the Wayne Morse Chair was created in 1980, and the Wayne Morse Center for Law and Politics was created in the year 2000. The collection contains records that document the functions, activities, and people of the Law School, the Wayne Morse Chair, and the Morse Center for Law and Politics.

Dates: 1918-1997

Society of the Sigma Xi. University of Oregon Chapter records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 147
Abstract

Sigma Xi was founded in 1886 (nationally) to honor excellence in scientific investigation and encourage a sense of companionship and cooperation among researchers in all fields of science and engineering. The Society of the Sigma Xi, University of Oregon Chapter, was founded in 1923 after a two year effort. Collection contains office files, correspondence, fraternity records, chapter book, and historical information.

Dates: 1914-1980

University Friars records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 154
Abstract

University Friars is a University of Oregon campus organization that promotes campus leadership and volunteerism. The collection consists of Friars publications, directories, and rosters.

Dates: 1942-2002

University Theatre records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 148
Abstract

Theatre productions were performed at University of Oregon long before the University Theatre was built in 1949; the Horace Robinson Theatre (as it is now known) is used primarily for Department of Theatre Arts productions. The collection (1909-2009) contains annual reports, publicity materials, production reports, photographs and slides, reviews, correspondence, meeting minutes, and also records from Carnival Theater and Very Little Theatre.

Dates: 1900-2009

Villard Hall Centennial records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 083
Abstract

Villard Hall was the second building opened on the University of Oregon campus in 1886. The records document the history of the building as well as planning around the centennial celebration.

Dates: 1881-1987; Majority of material found within 1983 - 1987

Filtered By

  • Subject: Colleges and Universities X
  • Subject: Office files X

Filter Results

Additional filters:

Subject
Correspondence 10
Universities and colleges -- Oregon -- Eugene 8
Education, Higher -- Oregon -- Eugene 7
Photographs 4
College students -- Oregon -- Eugene -- Societies, etc 3