Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
The study of rhetoric and performance has been a part of the curriculum of the University of Oregon since it opened its doors in 1877; the Department of Speech also used to offer classes in radio, film, theatre study, and also dramatic performance. The bulk of the collection (1948-1999) consists of records when the Department of Speech was heavily involved with theatre performance.
The Foreign Student Friendship Foundation was founded in 1950 by University of Oregon professor Dr. David M. Dougherty. The collection contains correspondence, excursion records, minutes, reports and program files, 1958-1984.
Clarence Valentine Boyer (1880-1954) was an English professor and dean at the University of Oregon, and also served as University President from 1934 until 1938. The collection (1932-1970) contains records from the Office of the President which include correspondence, reports, minutes, financial records, among other documents.
Sigma Xi was founded in 1886 (nationally) to honor excellence in scientific investigation and encourage a sense of companionship and cooperation among researchers in all fields of science and engineering. The Society of the Sigma Xi, University of Oregon Chapter, was founded in 1923 after a two year effort. Collection contains office files, correspondence, fraternity records, chapter book, and historical information.
In 1954, the University of Oregon Basketball team undertook an exhibition tour of Asia and the Business Manager for the tour, J.O. Lindstrom, accompanied the student athletes and kept a diary. The collection (1954-1955) contains Lindstrom's diary, reports, and also programs and itineraries of the tour, correspondence and postcards, photographs, collected business cards, and newspaper clippings.
Theatre productions were performed at University of Oregon long before the University Theatre was built in 1949; the Horace Robinson Theatre (as it is now known) is used primarily for Department of Theatre Arts productions. The collection (1909-2009) contains annual reports, publicity materials, production reports, photographs and slides, reviews, correspondence, meeting minutes, and also records from Carnival Theater and Very Little Theatre.
- Education, Higher -- Oregon -- Eugene 6
- Universities and colleges -- Oregon -- Eugene 6
- Reports 5
- Administrative records 3
- Office files 3
- Photographs 3
- Annual reports 2
- Clippings 2
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene -- Societies, etc 2
- Basketball -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Broadcasting -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Business cards 1
- Business education -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Business schools -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- College presidents -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Communication -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- Oregon -- Eugene 1 ∧ less
- University of Oregon 6
- Robinson, Horace W., 1909- 2
- University of Oregon. Department of Theatre Arts 2
- University of Oregon. University Theatre 2
- Boyer, Clarence Valentine, 1880-1954 1
- Charles H. Lundquist College of Business 1
- Clark, Robert D. (Robert Donald), 1910-2005 1
- Erb, Donald M. (Donald Milton), 1900-1943 1
- Failing and Beekman Oratory Contest 1
- Flemming, Arthur S. (Arthur Sherwood), 1905-1996 1
- Foreign Student Friendship Foundation (University of Oregon) 1
- Lindholm, Richard W. (Richard Wadsworth), 1913-1994 1
- Lindstrom, J. Orville, -1993 1
- Miller, Harry B. 1
- Morris, Victor Pierpont, 1891- 1
- Newburn, Harry Kenneth, 1906- 1
- Oregon Ducks (Basketball team) 1
- Reinmuth, James E., 1940- 1
- Robbins, E. C. (Edwin Clyde), 1883-1947 1
- Society of the Sigma Xi. University of Oregon Chapter 1 ∧ less