Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
The Center for the Advanced Study of Educational Administration, a division of the Institute for Community Studies, was established in 1964 with funds granted by the Research and Development Program of the United States Office of Education. Collection includes correspondence, committee and general reports, and general office records, 1966-1970.
The Department of Physics at the University of Oregon grew out of the Natural Philosophy curriculum that was offered at the university beginning the year it was founded, 1876. The collection contains grant reports and U.S. Atomic Energy Commission records.
The study of rhetoric and performance has been a part of the curriculum of the University of Oregon since it opened its doors in 1877; the Department of Speech also used to offer classes in radio, film, theatre study, and also dramatic performance. The bulk of the collection (1948-1999) consists of records when the Department of Speech was heavily involved with theatre performance.
Clarence Valentine Boyer (1880-1954) was an English professor and dean at the University of Oregon, and also served as University President from 1934 until 1938. The collection (1932-1970) contains records from the Office of the President which include correspondence, reports, minutes, financial records, among other documents.
Donald Milton Erb served as the President of University of Oregon from 1938 to 1943. The collection contains records from the Office of the President from 1933 to 1942.
Orlando John Hollis served as interim president of the University of Oregon from 1944 until Harry K. Newburn became the eighth president in 1945, serving until 1953. The collection contains records from the Office of the President from 1945-1953.
According to the University or Oregon bulletin of 1935/1936: "The University Publications Committee has general responsibility for all scholarly and research publications issued by the University of Oregon." The collection contains minutes, memoranda and correspondence regarding scholarly writings and University publications, 1955-1958.