Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
The Asklepiads Pre-Med Society is a student-run organization at the University of Oregon open to all students interested in the medical field. The collection (1929-1983) contains meeting minutes, ritual, photographs, and treasurer's reports.
The Center for the Advanced Study of Educational Administration, a division of the Institute for Community Studies, was established in 1964 with funds granted by the Research and Development Program of the United States Office of Education. Collection includes correspondence, committee and general reports, and general office records, 1966-1970.
The University of Oregon offered a major and minor in American Studies from 1984 until 1991. The collection contains records that document the functions, activities, and people of the department.
The Department of Physics at the University of Oregon grew out of the Natural Philosophy curriculum that was offered at the university beginning the year it was founded, 1876. The collection contains grant reports and U.S. Atomic Energy Commission records.
The study of rhetoric and performance has been a part of the curriculum of the University of Oregon since it opened its doors in 1877; the Department of Speech also used to offer classes in radio, film, theatre study, and also dramatic performance. The bulk of the collection (1948-1999) consists of records when the Department of Speech was heavily involved with theatre performance.
Clarence Valentine Boyer (1880-1954) was an English professor and dean at the University of Oregon, and also served as University President from 1934 until 1938. The collection (1932-1970) contains records from the Office of the President which include correspondence, reports, minutes, financial records, among other documents.
Donald Milton Erb served as the President of University of Oregon from 1938 to 1943. The collection contains records from the Office of the President from 1933 to 1942.
Orlando John Hollis served as interim president of the University of Oregon from 1944 until Harry K. Newburn became the eighth president in 1945, serving until 1953. The collection contains records from the Office of the President from 1945-1953.
John Wesley Johnson (1836-1898) was an Oregon pioneer, a teacher and administrator in Oregon schools and colleges, was a professor of Latin, and also the first President of the University of Oregon, from 1876 until 1893. The collection (1888-1905) contains records from the Office of the President during Johnson's tenure and also cover the tenure of presidents' Charles Hiram Chapman (1893-1899), Frank Strong (1899-1902), and (the first four years of) Prince Lucien Campbell (1902-1905).
According to the University or Oregon bulletin of 1935/1936: "The University Publications Committee has general responsibility for all scholarly and research publications issued by the University of Oregon." The collection contains minutes, memoranda and correspondence regarding scholarly writings and University publications, 1955-1958.
Theatre productions were performed at University of Oregon long before the University Theatre was built in 1949; the Horace Robinson Theatre (as it is now known) is used primarily for Department of Theatre Arts productions. The collection (1909-2009) contains annual reports, publicity materials, production reports, photographs and slides, reviews, correspondence, meeting minutes, and also records from Carnival Theater and Very Little Theatre.
- Reports 11
- Correspondence 10
- Administrative records 8
- College presidents -- Oregon -- Eugene 4
- Financial records 4
- Memorandums 4
- Office files 3
- Photographs 3
- Annual reports 2
- Clippings 2
- Broadcasting -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Business education -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Business schools -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- College publications -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene -- Societies, etc 1
- Communication -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- Oregon -- Eugene 1 + ∧ less
- University of Oregon 8
- University of Oregon. Office of the President 4
- Erb, Donald M. (Donald Milton), 1900-1943 2
- Newburn, Harry Kenneth, 1906- 2
- Robinson, Horace W., 1909- 2
- University of Oregon. Department of Theatre Arts 2
- University of Oregon. University Theatre 2
- Asklepiads Pre-Med Society 1
- Boyer, Clarence Valentine, 1880-1954 1
- Charles H. Lundquist College of Business 1
- Clark, Robert D. (Robert Donald), 1910-2005 1
- Failing and Beekman Oratory Contest 1
- Flemming, Arthur S. (Arthur Sherwood), 1905-1996 1
- Hollis, Orlando John, 1904-2000 1
- Johnson, John Wesley, 1836-1898 1
- Lindholm, Richard W. (Richard Wadsworth), 1913-1994 1
- Miller, Harry B. 1
- Morris, Victor Pierpont, 1891- 1
- Onthank, Karl William, 1890-1968 1
- Oregon State College 1 + ∧ less