Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 23 of 23

Alumni Association records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 145
Abstract

Launched 1879 with five alumni, the University of Oregon Alumni Association works to keep alumni connected to the university. The collection contains Alumni Holding Company and Alumni Association records including correspondence, minutes, publications, reports, and newsletters, directories, resolutions, financial records, donor relations files, reunion information, photographs, slides, and negatives as well as correspondence and other information on students who served in WWI and WWII.

Dates: 1880-2009

Roy C. Andrews papers

 Collection
Identifier: Ax 002
Abstract

Roy C. Andrews was a school teacher and administrator in Michigan, Texas, Arkansas, Washington and Oregon. He was a chemistry instructor at the University of Oregon from 1935 until his retirement in 1950. Andrews is noted for his photographs of one-room schoolhouses in southern Lane County, 1911-1913. The collection consists of diaries, one account book, two ledgers, music concert lists, correspondence, University of Oregon material, and photographs.

Dates: 1902-1955

Herbert E. Arntson papers

 Collection
Identifier: Coll 064
Abstract

Herbert Edward Arntson (1911-1982) was an author, English professor, and musician. The collection includes manuscripts of books and short stories, poems, speeches and correspondence, which reflect his work.

Dates: 1934-1983

William Gilbert Beattie papers

 Collection
Identifier: Ax 117
Abstract

William Gilbert Beattie was a teacher and district superintendent of schools in Alaska, 1905-1919. He was associated with the Metlakhtla Colony from 1910, and was well acquainted with Edward Marsden. The collection contains correspondence, newspapers, pamphlets, photographs and other materials relating to Beattie's career in Alaska.

Dates: 1872-1939

Laura J. Bock papers

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 018
Abstract

Laura J. Bock was a student at the University of Oregon during the 1960s who took part in civil rights activism and anti-vietnam protests at the university. The collection (1962-1969) contains political ephemera such as flyers and posters, memos, buttons, and underground newsletters and publications, as well as Bock's personal notes, correspondence, and an oral history (with transcript).

Dates: 1962-1969

Annette Buchanan Conard papers

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: UA 229
Abstract

Collection contains correspondence, legal documents, publications and articles, miscellany, and newspaper clippings relating to the trial of Annette Buchanan, Managing Editor for the Oregon Daily Emerald, in the late 1960's.

Dates: 1966-1968

Luther Cressman papers

 Collection
Identifier: UA 005
Abstract

Collection includes personal papers, professional papers, publications, field notes, slides and negatives, and reel-to-reel films relating to the career of Luther Cressman (1897-1994), an anthropologist and University of Oregon professor who focused on prehistoric man in Oregon.

Dates: 1930-1990

Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 120
Abstract

The University of Oregon's art museum first opened its doors to the public on June 10, 1933; it was renovated and reopened in 2005 as the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art (MOA). The collection (1915-2007) contains records of the Museum and the Friends of the Museum of Art organization, and material includes correspondence and minutes, history files, exhibit and loan material, acquisition files, photographs, and building records among other material.

Dates: 1915-2007

Edward Wilson Kimbark papers

 Collection
Identifier: Coll 092
Abstract

The Edward Wilson Kimbark papers contain the personal and professional manuscripts, correspondence, photographs and subject files of Edward Wilson Kimbark, who was an esteemed electrical engineer. The collection contains published material, personal notes from academic classes both taken and taught as well as personal diaries by both him and his first wife.

Dates: 1919-1982

Ellis Fuller Lawrence papers

 Collection
Identifier: Ax 056
Abstract

Ellis F. Lawrence was an American architect. Conllection includes correspondence, architectural drawings, and photographs relating to projects undertaken by Lawrence & Holford, or McNaughton, Raymond & Lawrence, mainly in Oregon and Washington, from 1909 to 1924.

Dates: 1909-1929

Lundquist College of Business (LCB) records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 039
Abstract The University of Oregon began offering a business curriculum in 1884. Originally called the School of Commerce, it was renamed the School of Business Administration in 1920. In 1993, the department was renamed the Lundquist College of Business (LCB) in honor of alumnus and generous donor Charles H. Lundquist. The collection includes records from the Dean’s Office (1920-1952; 1958-1988) as well as records of the school’s work with local businesses, universities, and...
Dates: 1920-2007

Loren Holcombe Milliman papers

 Collection
Identifier: Coll 175
Abstract Loren Holcombe Milliman (1901-1975) was a working journalist and professor of journalism in the Northwest. He worked on the Oregonian and the Columbian, edited the Oregon Grange Bulletin, and edited and published Better Fruit Magazine. Collection consists of professional correspondence; manuscripts of articles, radio scripts, and speeches; published material by and about Milliman; and issues, 1935-1945, of Farm, Home and Garden, a Sunday supplement of the Oregonian, as well as...
Dates: 1922-1975

Karl Onthank family papers

 Collection
Identifier: Ax 622
Abstract

Karl Onthank worked on the staff of the University of Oregon from 1916 to 1957. Onthank and his wife, Ruth, were active conservationists. The collection consists of family history and personal correspondence, manuscripts, and photographs.

Dates: 1829-1969

Oregon Folk League records

 Collection — Multiple collection box: [B 096] 1
Identifier: B 096
Abstract

The Oregon Folk League promoted and administered a social and recreation center located in Siuslaw Bay, Oregon for members of the University of Oregon community; members of the league also formed a non-profit corporation, the Siuslaw Bay Community Inc., which held title to the land used by the league. The collection (1934-1941) contains promotion and administrative documents, a land deed, correspondence, meeting minutes, plans and blueprints of the center, and a photograph.

Dates: 1934-1941

Horace Robinson papers

 Collection
Identifier: UA 025
Abstract

Horace Robinson (1909-2009), Professor Emeritus of the University of Oregon, served on the faculty as technical director, scene designer, and director of the University of Oregon Theatre. Papers include manuscripts, scripts, scores and other creative works from productions at the University Theatre, photographs, and records of Robinson's involvement in local, national, and international professional and community service organizations.

Dates: 1926-2004; Majority of material found within 1930-1979

School of Architecture and Allied Arts (AAA) scrapbooks

 Collection
Identifier: UA 077
Abstract

The School of Architecture and Allied Arts was founded in 1914. The collection contains fifty-seven scrapbooks that include articles, correspondence, photographs and memorabilia relating to the school, its faculty, staff and students, 1916-1968.

Dates: 1916-1968

School of Journalism and Communication records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 013
Abstract

The School of Journalism and Communication (SOJC) at the University of Oregon was created in 1916 and offers undergraduate and graduate degrees. The collection includes faculty meeting minutes and correspondence, special lecture and symposium information, SOJC publications, accreditation reports, records of the Dean's office, awards, scripts and audio tapes, and event information, 1915-2010.

Dates: 1915-2010

School of Law records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 132
Abstract

The University of Oregon School of Law was founded in 1884, the Wayne Morse Chair was created in 1980, and the Wayne Morse Center for Law and Politics was created in the year 2000. The collection contains records that document the functions, activities, and people of the Law School, the Wayne Morse Chair, and the Morse Center for Law and Politics.

Dates: 1918-1997

Herbert C. Thompson papers

 Collection
Identifier: Ax 067
Abstract

American journalist and historian Herbert Cooper Thompson worked as a reported for the Associated Press in England and France during World War I and in Mexico during the Mexican Revolution from 1916 to 1918. From 1924 to 1940, he worked as a writer and observer for the American Red Cross, visiting Cuba, Puerto Rico and Europe. Collection comprises diaries, correspondence, literary manuscripts, and photographs by Thompson.

Dates: 1864-1960

University of Oregon Basketball Exhibition Tour of the Far East records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 202
Abstract

In 1954, the University of Oregon Basketball team undertook an exhibition tour of Asia and the Business Manager for the tour, J.O. Lindstrom, accompanied the student athletes and kept a diary. The collection (1954-1955) contains Lindstrom's diary, reports, and also programs and itineraries of the tour, correspondence and postcards, photographs, collected business cards, and newspaper clippings.

Dates: 1954-1955

University Theatre records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 148
Abstract

Theatre productions were performed at University of Oregon long before the University Theatre was built in 1949; the Horace Robinson Theatre (as it is now known) is used primarily for Department of Theatre Arts productions. The collection (1909-2009) contains annual reports, publicity materials, production reports, photographs and slides, reviews, correspondence, meeting minutes, and also records from Carnival Theater and Very Little Theatre.

Dates: 1900-2009

Villard Hall Centennial records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: UA 083
Abstract

Villard Hall was the second building opened on the University of Oregon campus in 1886. The records document the history of the building as well as planning around the centennial celebration.

Dates: 1881-1987; Majority of material found within 1983 - 1987

Jonathan Wagner papers

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: Ax 369
Abstract

Jonathan Wagner (1873- ?) became superintendent of schools at Las Cruces and Santa Fe, New Mexico, was then elected New Mexico superintendent of public instruction, then elected president of New Mexico Normal University, and from 1923 to 1930, served as chief of the Alaska Division of the U. S. Department of Education. The collection contains scrapbooks of correspondence, clippings, photographs and other material from Wagner's career in education, 1917-1933.

Dates: 1917-1933