Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 114
The Academic Distinctions committee at the University of Oregon was concerned with reviewing the requirements for achieving various academic distinctions. Collection contains material regarding a new grading system and the honors college, 1970-1971.
The social fraternity Alpha Tau Omega was founded in 1865 at the Virginia Military Institute, and the Oregon Gamma Phi chapter was founded in 1910 and was closed in 2000. The collection contains historical information, pledge song information, and issues of the chapter publication, The Bumper, 1954-1966.
Launched 1879 with five alumni, the University of Oregon Alumni Association works to keep alumni connected to the university. The collection contains Alumni Holding Company and Alumni Association records including correspondence, minutes, publications, reports, and newsletters, directories, resolutions, financial records, donor relations files, reunion information, photographs, slides, and negatives as well as correspondence and other information on students who served in WWI and WWII.
Bower Aly (1903-1977) was a professor of rhetoric in the Department of Speech at the University of Oregon from 1953 to 1973, and a scholar of the history of American public address. This collection includes speech transcripts, teaching files, research materials, correspondence, and publications.
The American Association of University Professors' (AAUP) purpose is to advance academic freedom and to ensure higher education's contribution to the common good. Records include correspondence, minutes, committee reports, membership lists, programs, office files, faculty unions and bargaining information, hearings and legal records, salary research materials, and records on the 1952 Loyalty Oath controversy.
The Eugene-Lane branch of the Association of American University Women (AAUW) is a Woman's association whose members have gained degrees in higher education. This collection contains such items as historical scrapbooks, Administrative and financial records, records of Branch events, and some small amount of state and national documents.
Fred Elijah Ames was a forester in Oregon. The collection contains his diaries, photographs, and reports.
Jean Fuller Anderson is an American educator and publisher who taught courses on women and media at Oregon State University and focused her work on economic equity for women. The collection contains materials related to Anderson's teaching and her work related to economic equity for women, particularly the Economic Equity for Women Conference, 1987-1989.
Roy C. Andrews was a school teacher and administrator in Michigan, Texas, Arkansas, Washington and Oregon. He was a chemistry instructor at the University of Oregon from 1935 until his retirement in 1950. Andrews is noted for his photographs of one-room schoolhouses in southern Lane County, 1911-1913. The collection consists of diaries, one account book, two ledgers, music concert lists, correspondence, University of Oregon material, and photographs.
Herbert Edward Arntson (1911-1982) was an author, English professor, and musician. The collection includes manuscripts of books and short stories, poems, speeches and correspondence, which reflect his work.
Established in 1942, the Asian Studies Program at the University of Oregon is one of the oldest interdisciplinary programs in the United States to focus on Asia. The collection contains files on the Pacific Rim Studies center, program evaluation, outreach to public schools, funding and grant proposals, essay contests, correspondence, and committee and department meeting minutes, 1966-1982.
The Asklepiads Pre-Med Society is a student-run organization at the University of Oregon open to all students interested in the medical field. The collection (1929-1983) contains meeting minutes, ritual, photographs, and treasurer's reports.
Wallace Baldinger was a professor of Art at University of Oregon, and later became Director of the Museum of Art (now the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art). The collection contains a manuscript written in 1983, by Baldinger, titled, "The University Museum of Art During My University Tenure, 1944-1970."
Beta Phi Mu, the library and information studies honor society, was founded at the University of Illinois in August, 1948. The collection contains the University of Oregon chapter records consisting of bylaws, ritual information, correspondence, committee information and minutes, member and initiate information, treasurer's books and receipts, and a brass wick lamp, 1973.
Laura J. Bock was a student at the University of Oregon during the 1960s who took part in civil rights activism and anti-vietnam protests at the university. The collection (1962-1969) contains political ephemera such as flyers and posters, memos, buttons, and underground newsletters and publications, as well as Bock's personal notes, correspondence, and an oral history (with transcript).
Luella Clay Carson (1856-1938) was a professor at the University of Oregon and, later, university president at Mills College in Oakland, California. The collection consists of correspondence and documents related to both universities.
The Center for the Advanced Study of Educational Administration, a division of the Institute for Community Studies, was established in 1964 with funds granted by the Research and Development Program of the United States Office of Education. Collection includes correspondence, committee and general reports, and general office records, 1966-1970.
The mission of the UO Center on Diversity and Community (CoDaC) is to advance inclusive excellence through critical thinking and an ethic of care. The collection contains reports and VHS tapes on CoDaC projects concerning diversity and affirmative action.
University of Oregon Charter Day cerebrations commemorate the University's founding on October 18, 1876. The collection contains printed event programs for Charter Day celebrations for the years 1951; 1954; 1956; 1957; and 1959.
Robert Donald Clark (1910- ) was a professor of speech, author, public speaker, and university president. The Robert D. Clark Papers are comprised of correspondence, schoolwork, speeches, writings, research notes, publications, administrative reports and memoranda, and reference files.
The Department of Comparative Literature offers undergraduate and graduate degrees. It is also the home of the journal Comparative Literature. The collection contains records that document the functions and activities of this program and the literary journal Comparative Literature.
The Condon Lecture Series was created in 1944 by the Oregon State Board of Higher Education and was named after the University of Oregon's first geologist, Thomas Condon. The collection contains published and unpublished versions of lectures.
Thomas Condon (1822-1907) was an Irish Congregational minister, a geologist and paleontologist who was appointed University of Oregon's first professor of geology in 1876 and continued as professor and chair of Natural Sciences until 1907. The collection (1897-1906) contains lecture notes, writings by Condon on a new fossil Pinniped, and books on skeletons and Pinnipeds owned by Condon.
Collection contains correspondence, legal documents, publications and articles, miscellany, and newspaper clippings relating to the trial of Annette Buchanan, Managing Editor for the Oregon Daily Emerald, in the late 1960's.
The Creative Writing Program at the University of Oregon offers a minor concentration, the Kidd Tutorial program (a yearlong course for undergraduates), and a masters degree. The collection contains the records of short story winner of W. Kidd, 1974.
Collection includes personal papers, professional papers, publications, field notes, slides and negatives, and reel-to-reel films relating to the career of Luther Cressman (1897-1994), an anthropologist and University of Oregon professor who focused on prehistoric man in Oregon.
The University of Oregon offered a major and minor in American Studies from 1984 until 1991. The collection contains records that document the functions, activities, and people of the department.
The departments of Geography and Geology were closely intertwined until the 1970's at the university of Oregon even though the Department of Geography was officially created during the 1932/33 school year. The collection contains departmental administrative files.
- Colleges and Universities 110
- Correspondence 62
- Universities and colleges -- Oregon -- Eugene 58
- Education, Higher -- Oregon -- Eugene 56
- Photographs 33
- Oregon 27
- Reports 17
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene 14
- Administrative records 12
- Office files 12
- College presidents -- Oregon -- Eugene 10
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene -- Societies, etc 10
- Scrapbooks 9
- Clippings 8
- Diaries 7
- Financial records 7
- Greek letter societies -- Oregon -- Eugene 7
- Memorandums 7
- Manuscripts for publication 6
- Literature 5 + ∧ less
- University of Oregon 70
- University of Oregon. Office of the President 8
- Hall, Arnold Bennett, 1881-1936 3
- Onthank, Karl William, 1890-1968 3
- Robinson, Horace W., 1909- 3
- University of Oregon. University Theatre 3
- Campbell, Prince Lucien, 1861-1925 2
- Clark, Robert D. (Robert Donald), 1910-2005 2
- Condon, Thomas, 1822-1907 2
- Erb, Donald M. (Donald Milton), 1900-1943 2
- Newburn, Harry Kenneth, 1906- 2
- Oregon State Board of Higher Education 2
- University of Oregon. Archives Department 2
- University of Oregon. Department of Athletics 2
- University of Oregon. Department of Theatre Arts 2
- University of Oregon. Libraries. Division of Special Collections & University Archives 2
- University of Oregon. Museum of Art 2
- University of Oregon. University Senate 2
- Warner, Gertrude Bass, 1863-1951 2
- Warner, Murray, 1869-1920 2 + ∧ less