Showing Collections: 31 - 60 of 61
Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia was established for male musicians in 1898 as a secret society, and in 1900 became a collegiate fraternity. The collection contains the University of Oregon's Psi Chapter records including a fraternity scrapbook, correspondence, and records of honorary members.
Gertrude Bass Warner (Mrs. Murray Warner) created the Murray Warner Essay Contest that accepted essays regarding relationships between the West and the East, and awarded a trip to Asia as the prize. The collection (1923-1936) contains essays submitted to the Murray Warner Essay contest and information about the contest.
Arnold Bennett Hall (1881-1936) served as president of the University of Oregon from 1926-1932. The collection contains records that document the functions, activities, and people of the Office of the President.
Mathematician Charles Hiram Chapman served as President of the University of Oregon, 1893-1899, and taught mathematical physics at the university. Collection contains incoming inquires and correspondence of Charles Chapman during his presidency at the University of Oregon, 1893-1896.
Clarence Valentine Boyer (1880-1954) was an English professor and dean at the University of Oregon, and also served as University President from 1934 until 1938. The collection (1932-1970) contains records from the Office of the President which include correspondence, reports, minutes, financial records, among other documents.
Donald Milton Erb served as the President of University of Oregon from 1938 to 1943. The collection contains records from the Office of the President from 1933 to 1942.
Orlando John Hollis served as interim president of the University of Oregon from 1944 until Harry K. Newburn became the eighth president in 1945, serving until 1953. The collection contains records from the Office of the President from 1945-1953.
John Wesley Johnson (1836-1898) was an Oregon pioneer, a teacher and administrator in Oregon schools and colleges, was a professor of Latin, and also the first President of the University of Oregon, from 1876 until 1893. The collection (1888-1905) contains records from the Office of the President during Johnson's tenure and also cover the tenure of presidents' Charles Hiram Chapman (1893-1899), Frank Strong (1899-1902), and (the first four years of) Prince Lucien Campbell (1902-1905).
Orchesis was a student athletic club of modern dance that was established in 1938. The collection includes a scrapbook.
Founded in 1899, the Oregon Daily Emerald (ODE) is a student-run independent daily campus newspaper at the University of Oregon. The collection (1920-2004) contains photographs, negatives, and slides, assignment ledger, ODE issues, minutes, reports, correspondence, and office files.
The Oregon Folk League promoted and administered a social and recreation center located in Siuslaw Bay, Oregon for members of the University of Oregon community; members of the league also formed a non-profit corporation, the Siuslaw Bay Community Inc., which held title to the land used by the league. The collection (1934-1941) contains promotion and administrative documents, a land deed, correspondence, meeting minutes, plans and blueprints of the center, and a photograph.
The Orides Club (circa 1935-1975) was an organization for independent women at the University of Oregon and the Club also included many female community members from Eugene, Oregon. Collection contains office records, meeting minutes, directories, and bylaws.
Phi Chi Theta is a business and economics fraternity that was founded on June 16, 1924 in Chicago, Illinois; the now inactive University of Oregon chapter was formed in 1962. The collection includes correspondence, minutes, office files and artifacts, 1976-1978
Pi Mu Epsilon dedicates itself to the promotion of mathematics and recognition of students who successfully pursue mathematical understanding. The University of Oregon Chapter, Oregon Alpha, was established in 1931 but is now inactive. Collection includes correspondence, initiation material, and artifacts from this fraternity, 1925-1930's.
The Pine Mountain observatory operates under the University of Oregon's Department of Physics and under a special use permit from the Deschutes National Forest. The collection consists of construction and dedication records, committee and staff minutes, correspondence and reports, office files, guest registries, and a 2-volume history from 1963-1997.
According to the University or Oregon bulletin of 1935/1936: "The University Publications Committee has general responsibility for all scholarly and research publications issued by the University of Oregon." The collection contains minutes, memoranda and correspondence regarding scholarly writings and University publications, 1955-1958.
Dean Gilbert Social Science) proposed at a meeting of the University of Oregon faculty and University President on February 6, 1935, that a registration committee be appointed; the motion was passed. The collection contains committee correspondence, minutes, and memoranda, 1948.
The purpose of the UO Research Committee, and its successor, the General Research Council of the Oregon State System of Higher Education, was to stimulate research at the university. The collection contains one record book of minutes, correspondence, grant information, and project descriptions.
Horace Robinson (1909-2009), Professor Emeritus of the University of Oregon, served on the faculty as technical director, scene designer, and director of the University of Oregon Theatre. Papers include manuscripts, scripts, scores and other creative works from productions at the University Theatre, photographs, and records of Robinson's involvement in local, national, and international professional and community service organizations.
The School of Journalism and Communication (SOJC) at the University of Oregon was created in 1916 and offers undergraduate and graduate degrees. The collection includes faculty meeting minutes and correspondence, special lecture and symposium information, SOJC publications, accreditation reports, records of the Dean's office, awards, scripts and audio tapes, and event information, 1915-2010.
Sigma Xi was founded in 1886 (nationally) to honor excellence in scientific investigation and encourage a sense of companionship and cooperation among researchers in all fields of science and engineering. The Society of the Sigma Xi, University of Oregon Chapter, was founded in 1923 after a two year effort. Collection contains office files, correspondence, fraternity records, chapter book, and historical information.
The Students' Cooperative Association in Eugene, Oregon is a student-owned housing organization that offers cooperative living arrangements for members who live in the Campbell Club, Lorax Manner, and the Janet Smith cooperative. This collection includes scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, and photographs, 1930-1960.
The University Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) (previously named Academic Learning Services Center) provides numerous services including programs, workshops, courses, tutors, and mentors to assist students with their educational pursuits at the University of Oregon. The collection contains correspondence and meeting minutes, 1971-1975.
Collection comprises films and videotapes created by or about students, faculty, and staff of the University of Oregon created between 1919-2009.
University Friars is a University of Oregon campus organization that promotes campus leadership and volunteerism. The collection consists of Friars publications, directories, and rosters.
The collection contains over 4800 photographic negatives of University of Oregon faculty, students, buildings, organizations, and events, circa 1929 to 1973.
In 1876, by an Act of the Oregon Legislature, the University of Oregon Board of Regents was vested with governance of the University of Oregon; a role that lasted until 1929. The collection includes meetings minutes, correspondence and memos of the Regents from 1879-1929.
Commencement ceremonies have been held at the University of Oregon since 1888. The collection contains student commencement orations.
Theatre productions were performed at University of Oregon long before the University Theatre was built in 1949; the Horace Robinson Theatre (as it is now known) is used primarily for Department of Theatre Arts productions. The collection (1909-2009) contains annual reports, publicity materials, production reports, photographs and slides, reviews, correspondence, meeting minutes, and also records from Carnival Theater and Very Little Theatre.
- Universities and colleges -- Oregon -- Eugene 58
- Education, Higher -- Oregon -- Eugene 51
- Correspondence 37
- Photographs 17
- Reports 14
- Administrative records 12
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene 12
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene -- Societies, etc 9
- Office files 9
- College presidents -- Oregon -- Eugene 8
- Memorandums 7
- Clippings 6
- Financial records 6
- Greek letter societies -- Oregon -- Eugene 6
- Scrapbooks 6
- Audiotapes 3
- Universities and colleges -- Oregon -- Eugene -- History -- Sources 3
- Annual reports 2
- Artifacts 2 + ∧ less
- University of Oregon 45
- University of Oregon. Office of the President 7
- Robinson, Horace W., 1909- 3
- University of Oregon. University Theatre 3
- Clark, Robert D. (Robert Donald), 1910-2005 2
- Erb, Donald M. (Donald Milton), 1900-1943 2
- Hall, Arnold Bennett, 1881-1936 2
- Newburn, Harry Kenneth, 1906- 2
- University of Oregon. Department of Theatre Arts 2
- University of Oregon. Museum of Art 2
- Warner, Gertrude Bass, 1863-1951 2
- Warner, Murray, 1869-1920 2
- Alpha Tau Omega. Gamma Phi Chapter (University of Oregon) 1
- American National Red Cross 1
- Arts in Oregon Association 1
- Asklepiads Pre-Med Society 1
- Baldinger, Wallace S. (Wallace Spencer), 1905-1993 1
- Beall, Chandler B. (Chandler Baker), 1901-1993 1
- Beta Phi Mu 1
- Beta Phi Mu. Beta Gamma Chapter (University of Oregon) 1 + ∧ less