Showing Collections: 61 - 90 of 113
Clarence Valentine Boyer (1880-1954) was an English professor and dean at the University of Oregon, and also served as University President from 1934 until 1938. The collection (1932-1970) contains records from the Office of the President which include correspondence, reports, minutes, financial records, among other documents.
Donald Milton Erb served as the President of University of Oregon from 1938 to 1943. The collection contains records from the Office of the President from 1933 to 1942.
Frank Strong served as president of the University of Oregon from 1899 to 1902. The collection contains records of the Office of the President from 1899-1902.
Orlando John Hollis served as interim president of the University of Oregon from 1944 until Harry K. Newburn became the eighth president in 1945, serving until 1953. The collection contains records from the Office of the President from 1945-1953.
John Wesley Johnson (1836-1898) was an Oregon pioneer, a teacher and administrator in Oregon schools and colleges, was a professor of Latin, and also the first President of the University of Oregon, from 1876 until 1893. The collection (1888-1905) contains records from the Office of the President during Johnson's tenure and also cover the tenure of presidents' Charles Hiram Chapman (1893-1899), Frank Strong (1899-1902), and (the first four years of) Prince Lucien Campbell (1902-1905).
Karl Onthank worked on the staff of the University of Oregon from 1916 to 1957. Onthank and his wife, Ruth, were active conservationists. The collection consists of family history and personal correspondence, manuscripts, and photographs.
Orchesis was a student athletic club of modern dance that was established in 1938. The collection includes a scrapbook.
Founded in 1899, the Oregon Daily Emerald (ODE) is a student-run independent daily campus newspaper at the University of Oregon. The collection (1920-2004) contains photographs, negatives, and slides, assignment ledger, ODE issues, minutes, reports, correspondence, and office files.
The Oregon Folk League promoted and administered a social and recreation center located in Siuslaw Bay, Oregon for members of the University of Oregon community; members of the league also formed a non-profit corporation, the Siuslaw Bay Community Inc., which held title to the land used by the league. The collection (1934-1941) contains promotion and administrative documents, a land deed, correspondence, meeting minutes, plans and blueprints of the center, and a photograph.
The Orides Club (circa 1935-1975) was an organization for independent women at the University of Oregon and the Club also included many female community members from Eugene, Oregon. Collection contains office records, meeting minutes, directories, and bylaws.
Phi Chi Theta is a business and economics fraternity that was founded on June 16, 1924 in Chicago, Illinois; the now inactive University of Oregon chapter was formed in 1962. The collection includes correspondence, minutes, office files and artifacts, 1976-1978
The Philologian Society was a student group at the University of Oregon. The collection contains one hand-written record book of minutes, 1893-1903.
Pi Mu Epsilon dedicates itself to the promotion of mathematics and recognition of students who successfully pursue mathematical understanding. The University of Oregon Chapter, Oregon Alpha, was established in 1931 but is now inactive. Collection includes correspondence, initiation material, and artifacts from this fraternity, 1925-1930's.
The Pine Mountain observatory operates under the University of Oregon's Department of Physics and under a special use permit from the Deschutes National Forest. The collection consists of construction and dedication records, committee and staff minutes, correspondence and reports, office files, guest registries, and a 2-volume history from 1963-1997.
According to the University or Oregon bulletin of 1935/1936: "The University Publications Committee has general responsibility for all scholarly and research publications issued by the University of Oregon." The collection contains minutes, memoranda and correspondence regarding scholarly writings and University publications, 1955-1958.
Dean Gilbert Social Science) proposed at a meeting of the University of Oregon faculty and University President on February 6, 1935, that a registration committee be appointed; the motion was passed. The collection contains committee correspondence, minutes, and memoranda, 1948.
The purpose of the UO Research Committee, and its successor, the General Research Council of the Oregon State System of Higher Education, was to stimulate research at the university. The collection contains one record book of minutes, correspondence, grant information, and project descriptions.
Donald Blair Rice was a student at the University of Oregon. He was a member of the Class of 1914, and editor of the Oregana, the UO student yearbook. The collection (1913) contains letters written by Rice to his parents while he was a student at the UO.
Horace Robinson (1909-2009), Professor Emeritus of the University of Oregon, served on the faculty as technical director, scene designer, and director of the University of Oregon Theatre. Papers include manuscripts, scripts, scores and other creative works from productions at the University Theatre, photographs, and records of Robinson's involvement in local, national, and international professional and community service organizations.
Marion Dean Ross (1913 - 1991) was a historian of architecture and design who taught at the University of Oregon and served as the Dean of the School of Architecture and Allied Arts at UO until his retirement in 1978. The collection consists of materials regarding architects, regional architecture, and specific buildings. A large amount of material relates to Oregon architecture, with an emphasis on Portland and Eugene.
The School of Architecture and Allied Arts was founded in 1914. The collection contains fifty-seven scrapbooks that include articles, correspondence, photographs and memorabilia relating to the school, its faculty, staff and students, 1916-1968.
The School of Journalism and Communication (SOJC) at the University of Oregon was created in 1916 and offers undergraduate and graduate degrees. The collection includes faculty meeting minutes and correspondence, special lecture and symposium information, SOJC publications, accreditation reports, records of the Dean's office, awards, scripts and audio tapes, and event information, 1915-2010.
The University of Oregon School of Law was founded in 1884, the Wayne Morse Chair was created in 1980, and the Wayne Morse Center for Law and Politics was created in the year 2000. The collection contains records that document the functions, activities, and people of the Law School, the Wayne Morse Chair, and the Morse Center for Law and Politics.
Henry Davidson Sheldon was a faculty member at the University of Oregon in the field of education. This collection contains biographical material, correspondence, manuscripts and research materials, and photographs.
Sigma Xi was founded in 1886 (nationally) to honor excellence in scientific investigation and encourage a sense of companionship and cooperation among researchers in all fields of science and engineering. The Society of the Sigma Xi, University of Oregon Chapter, was founded in 1923 after a two year effort. Collection contains office files, correspondence, fraternity records, chapter book, and historical information.
Author Janet Marshall Stevenson (1913- ) has made contributions as a writer of civil rights, the women's movement and the arts. This collection contains manuscripts, holographs and photographs of her many short stories, articles and books; within this collection are research items and family papers associated with her biography of Robert W. Kenny, an influential liberal that championed the rights of several of the "Hollywood 10" before the House Committee on Un-American Activities (HUAC).
The Students' Cooperative Association in Eugene, Oregon is a student-owned housing organization that offers cooperative living arrangements for members who live in the Campbell Club, Lorax Manner, and the Janet Smith cooperative. This collection includes scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, and photographs, 1930-1960.
The University Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) (previously named Academic Learning Services Center) provides numerous services including programs, workshops, courses, tutors, and mentors to assist students with their educational pursuits at the University of Oregon. The collection contains correspondence and meeting minutes, 1971-1975.
- Colleges and Universities 110
- Correspondence 62
- Universities and colleges -- Oregon -- Eugene 58
- Education, Higher -- Oregon -- Eugene 56
- Photographs 33
- Oregon 27
- Reports 17
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene 14
- Administrative records 12
- Office files 12
- College presidents -- Oregon -- Eugene 10
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene -- Societies, etc 10
- Scrapbooks 9
- Clippings 8
- Diaries 7
- Financial records 7
- Greek letter societies -- Oregon -- Eugene 7
- Memorandums 7
- Manuscripts for publication 5
- Politics and Politicians 5 + ∧ less
- University of Oregon 70
- University of Oregon. Office of the President 8
- Hall, Arnold Bennett, 1881-1936 3
- Onthank, Karl William, 1890-1968 3
- Robinson, Horace W., 1909- 3
- University of Oregon. University Theatre 3
- Campbell, Prince Lucien, 1861-1925 2
- Clark, Robert D. (Robert Donald), 1910-2005 2
- Condon, Thomas, 1822-1907 2
- Erb, Donald M. (Donald Milton), 1900-1943 2
- Newburn, Harry Kenneth, 1906- 2
- Oregon State Board of Higher Education 2
- University of Oregon. Archives Department 2
- University of Oregon. Department of Athletics 2
- University of Oregon. Department of Theatre Arts 2
- University of Oregon. Libraries. Division of Special Collections & University Archives 2
- University of Oregon. Museum of Art 2
- University of Oregon. University Senate 2
- Warner, Gertrude Bass, 1863-1951 2
- Warner, Murray, 1869-1920 2 + ∧ less