Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
The University of Oregon offered a major and minor in American Studies from 1984 until 1991. The collection contains records that document the functions, activities, and people of the department.
Faculty bulletins and scrapbooks contain memos, correspondence and bulletins produced by and for the faculty of the University of Oregon between 1914-1931 and preserved in 31 scrapbooks.
Clarence Valentine Boyer (1880-1954) was an English professor and dean at the University of Oregon, and also served as University President from 1934 until 1938. The collection (1932-1970) contains records from the Office of the President which include correspondence, reports, minutes, financial records, among other documents.
John Wesley Johnson (1836-1898) was an Oregon pioneer, a teacher and administrator in Oregon schools and colleges, was a professor of Latin, and also the first President of the University of Oregon, from 1876 until 1893. The collection (1888-1905) contains records from the Office of the President during Johnson's tenure and also cover the tenure of presidents' Charles Hiram Chapman (1893-1899), Frank Strong (1899-1902), and (the first four years of) Prince Lucien Campbell (1902-1905).
According to the University or Oregon bulletin of 1935/1936: "The University Publications Committee has general responsibility for all scholarly and research publications issued by the University of Oregon." The collection contains minutes, memoranda and correspondence regarding scholarly writings and University publications, 1955-1958.
Dean Gilbert Social Science) proposed at a meeting of the University of Oregon faculty and University President on February 6, 1935, that a registration committee be appointed; the motion was passed. The collection contains committee correspondence, minutes, and memoranda, 1948.
The School of Journalism and Communication (SOJC) at the University of Oregon was created in 1916 and offers undergraduate and graduate degrees. The collection includes faculty meeting minutes and correspondence, special lecture and symposium information, SOJC publications, accreditation reports, records of the Dean's office, awards, scripts and audio tapes, and event information, 1915-2010.
In 1876, by an Act of the Oregon Legislature, the University of Oregon Board of Regents was vested with governance of the University of Oregon; a role that lasted until 1929. The collection includes meetings minutes, correspondence and memos of the Regents from 1879-1929.
- Education, Higher -- Oregon -- Eugene 7
- Universities and colleges -- Oregon -- Eugene 7
- Reports 4
- Administrative records 2
- College presidents -- Oregon -- Eugene 2
- Audiotapes 1
- Bulletins 1
- Clippings 1
- College publications -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Communication -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Financial records 1
- Journalism -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Photographs 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Student registration -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- United States 1
- United States -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- Oregon -- Eugene 1 + ∧ less
- University of Oregon 5
- University of Oregon. Office of the President 2
- Boyer, Clarence Valentine, 1880-1954 1
- Clark, Robert D. (Robert Donald), 1910-2005 1
- Cuthbert, Frederick Alexander, 1902- 1
- Erb, Donald M. (Donald Milton), 1900-1943 1
- Flemming, Arthur S. (Arthur Sherwood), 1905-1996 1
- Johnson, John Wesley, 1836-1898 1
- Newburn, Harry Kenneth, 1906- 1
- Oregon State Board of Higher Education 1
- Oregon State System of Higher Education 1
- Stephenson, Wendell Holmes, 1899-1970 1
- University of Oregon. American Studies Program 1
- University of Oregon. Department of American Studies 1
- University of Oregon. Publications Committee 1
- University of Oregon. Registration Committee 1
- University of Oregon. School of Journalism 1
- University of Oregon. School of Journalism and Communication 1
- Wilson, O. Meredith, 1909-1998 1 + ∧ less