Showing Collections: 31 - 36 of 36
Sigma Xi was founded in 1886 (nationally) to honor excellence in scientific investigation and encourage a sense of companionship and cooperation among researchers in all fields of science and engineering. The Society of the Sigma Xi, University of Oregon Chapter, was founded in 1923 after a two year effort. Collection contains office files, correspondence, fraternity records, chapter book, and historical information.
The University Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) (previously named Academic Learning Services Center) provides numerous services including programs, workshops, courses, tutors, and mentors to assist students with their educational pursuits at the University of Oregon. The collection contains correspondence and meeting minutes, 1971-1975.
In 1954, the University of Oregon Basketball team undertook an exhibition tour of Asia and the Business Manager for the tour, J.O. Lindstrom, accompanied the student athletes and kept a diary. The collection (1954-1955) contains Lindstrom's diary, reports, and also programs and itineraries of the tour, correspondence and postcards, photographs, collected business cards, and newspaper clippings.
In 1876, by an Act of the Oregon Legislature, the University of Oregon Board of Regents was vested with governance of the University of Oregon; a role that lasted until 1929. The collection includes meetings minutes, correspondence and memos of the Regents from 1879-1929.
The University of Oregon Constitution invests the statutory faculty with governing power of the university, and the faculty in turn delegates governance to the elected members of the University (faculty) Senate. The collection (1933-2010) includes records of the Faculty Assembly, the Senate, and the Faculty-Student Council, and material includes minutes, reports, plans, task force, caucus, and committee documents, and audio recordings of meetings.
Theatre productions were performed at University of Oregon long before the University Theatre was built in 1949; the Horace Robinson Theatre (as it is now known) is used primarily for Department of Theatre Arts productions. The collection (1909-2009) contains annual reports, publicity materials, production reports, photographs and slides, reviews, correspondence, meeting minutes, and also records from Carnival Theater and Very Little Theatre.