Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Bower Aly (1903-1977) was a professor of rhetoric in the Department of Speech at the University of Oregon from 1953 to 1973, and a scholar of the history of American public address. This collection includes speech transcripts, teaching files, research materials, correspondence, and publications.
Pat Victor Morrissette was assistant professor of English, and Boyer head of the Department of English, University of Oregon. Collection includes a typewritten transcript bound in tapa cloth of a trip to Hawaii with C. Valentine Boyer and presented to Mrs. Bayer.
John Wesley Johnson (1836-1898) was an Oregon pioneer, a teacher and administrator in Oregon schools and colleges, was a professor of Latin, and also the first President of the University of Oregon, from 1876 until 1893. The collection (1888-1905) contains records from the Office of the President during Johnson's tenure and also cover the tenure of presidents' Charles Hiram Chapman (1893-1899), Frank Strong (1899-1902), and (the first four years of) Prince Lucien Campbell (1902-1905).
Collection comprises clippings, articles, press releases, publications, and correspondence relating to University of Oregon faculty, administrators, and students, circa 1930s to present.
The University Library Committee advises the University Administration on library affairs, serves in an advisory capacity to the University Library administration, acts as a liaison between the Library and faculty, and provides a faculty perspective on Library budgetary matters. These are the records of the committee for the 1996-2015.
The University of Oregon Constitution invests the statutory faculty with governing power of the university, and the faculty in turn delegates governance to the elected members of the University (faculty) Senate. The collection (1933-2010) includes records of the Faculty Assembly, the Senate, and the Faculty-Student Council, and material includes minutes, reports, plans, task force, caucus, and committee documents, and audio recordings of meetings.
- Colleges and Universities 5
- Correspondence 2
- Education, Higher -- Oregon -- Eugene 2
- College presidents -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Colleges and Universities—University of Oregon 1
- Hawaii -- Description and travel 1
- Journals (accounts) 1
- Library administration 1
- Memorandums 1
- Pamphlets 1
- Reports 1
- Rhetoric -- Study and teaching (Higher) -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Sound recordings 1
- Universities and colleges -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- University of Oregon -- Committees 1 ∧ less
- University of Oregon 2
- University of Oregon. University Senate 2
- Aly, Bower, 1903-1977 1
- Boyer, Clarence Valentine, 1880-1954 1
- Johnson, John Wesley, 1836-1898 1
- Morrissette, Pat Victor, 1901-1970 1
- University of Oregon. Department of English 1
- University of Oregon. Faculty Assembly 1
- University of Oregon. Libraries. Division of Special Collections & University Archives 1
- University of Oregon. Office of the President 1
- University of Oregon. Student-Faculty Council 1 ∧ less