Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 69
The Academic Distinctions committee at the University of Oregon was concerned with reviewing the requirements for achieving various academic distinctions. Collection contains material regarding a new grading system and the honors college, 1970-1971.
Launched 1879 with five alumni, the University of Oregon Alumni Association works to keep alumni connected to the university. The collection contains Alumni Holding Company and Alumni Association records including correspondence, minutes, publications, reports, and newsletters, directories, resolutions, financial records, donor relations files, reunion information, photographs, slides, and negatives as well as correspondence and other information on students who served in WWI and WWII.
The American Association of University Professors' (AAUP) purpose is to advance academic freedom and to ensure higher education's contribution to the common good. Records include correspondence, minutes, committee reports, membership lists, programs, office files, faculty unions and bargaining information, hearings and legal records, salary research materials, and records on the 1952 Loyalty Oath controversy.
Roy C. Andrews was a school teacher and administrator in Michigan, Texas, Arkansas, Washington and Oregon. He was a chemistry instructor at the University of Oregon from 1935 until his retirement in 1950. Andrews is noted for his photographs of one-room schoolhouses in southern Lane County, 1911-1913. The collection consists of diaries, one account book, two ledgers, music concert lists, correspondence, University of Oregon material, and photographs.
Herbert Edward Arntson (1911-1982) was an author, English professor, and musician. The collection includes manuscripts of books and short stories, poems, speeches and correspondence, which reflect his work.
Established in 1942, the Asian Studies Program at the University of Oregon is one of the oldest interdisciplinary programs in the United States to focus on Asia. The collection contains files on the Pacific Rim Studies center, program evaluation, outreach to public schools, funding and grant proposals, essay contests, correspondence, and committee and department meeting minutes, 1966-1982.
William Gilbert Beattie was a teacher and district superintendent of schools in Alaska, 1905-1919. He was associated with the Metlakhtla Colony from 1910, and was well acquainted with Edward Marsden. The collection contains correspondence, newspapers, pamphlets, photographs and other materials relating to Beattie's career in Alaska.
Beta Phi Mu, the library and information studies honor society, was founded at the University of Illinois in August, 1948. The collection contains the University of Oregon chapter records consisting of bylaws, ritual information, correspondence, committee information and minutes, member and initiate information, treasurer's books and receipts, and a brass wick lamp, 1973.
Laura J. Bock was a student at the University of Oregon during the 1960s who took part in civil rights activism and anti-vietnam protests at the university. The collection (1962-1969) contains political ephemera such as flyers and posters, memos, buttons, and underground newsletters and publications, as well as Bock's personal notes, correspondence, and an oral history (with transcript).
Luella Clay Carson (1856-1938) was a professor at the University of Oregon and, later, university president at Mills College in Oakland, California. The collection consists of correspondence and documents related to both universities.
The Center for the Advanced Study of Educational Administration, a division of the Institute for Community Studies, was established in 1964 with funds granted by the Research and Development Program of the United States Office of Education. Collection includes correspondence, committee and general reports, and general office records, 1966-1970.
The Department of Comparative Literature offers undergraduate and graduate degrees. It is also the home of the journal Comparative Literature. The collection contains records that document the functions and activities of this program and the literary journal Comparative Literature.
The Condon Lecture Series was created in 1944 by the Oregon State Board of Higher Education and was named after the University of Oregon's first geologist, Thomas Condon. The collection contains published and unpublished versions of lectures.
Collection contains correspondence, legal documents, publications and articles, miscellany, and newspaper clippings relating to the trial of Annette Buchanan, Managing Editor for the Oregon Daily Emerald, in the late 1960's.
Collection includes personal papers, professional papers, publications, field notes, slides and negatives, and reel-to-reel films relating to the career of Luther Cressman (1897-1994), an anthropologist and University of Oregon professor who focused on prehistoric man in Oregon.
The University of Oregon offered a major and minor in American Studies from 1984 until 1991. The collection contains records that document the functions, activities, and people of the department.
The Department of Political Science at the University of Oregon offers majors, minors, and graduate degrees. The collection (1933-2008) consists of committee, advisory council, and task force files, department minutes and correspondence, curriculum changes files, University of Oregon's School of Desegregation Training and Research Institute files, and mock Republican Convention files.
The study of rhetoric and performance has been a part of the curriculum of the University of Oregon since it opened its doors in 1877; the Department of Speech also used to offer classes in radio, film, theatre study, and also dramatic performance. The bulk of the collection (1948-1999) consists of records when the Department of Speech was heavily involved with theatre performance.
Joseph W. Dyson (1889-1965) was a Southern Methodist missionary and educator at Soochow University, Taipei, Taiwan (Formosa), from 1919 until 1949, and returned 1959-1965. The collection includes correspondence, diaries, publications, and photographs that reflect his work at the university, 1959-1965.
Educational Opportunity Services was created in 1964 and provided opportunities and educational access for students that were considered educationally disadvantaged. The collection contains records that document the functions and activities of this service, and may include records from the Native American Program, Project 75, Sesamex, Upward Bound, High School Equivalency Program, and/or Project Connection.
Faculty bulletins and scrapbooks contain memos, correspondence and bulletins produced by and for the faculty of the University of Oregon between 1914-1931 and preserved in 31 scrapbooks.
The Foreign Student Friendship Foundation was founded in 1950 by University of Oregon professor Dr. David M. Dougherty. The collection contains correspondence, excursion records, minutes, reports and program files, 1958-1984.
The High School Debating League was started by the Oregon Teacher Association and the University of Oregon contributed by publishing the Debating News newsletter, scheduling, and hosting the championship debate. The collection includes correspondence, programs, copies of the Debating News, and meeting minutes, 1910-1924.
The Alanson Hinman papers comprise thirty-two letters and an account book. The correspondence dates from 1872 to 1900 and concerns Indian training schools, proposed changes in the charter of Pacific University, and personal issues. The account book contains miscellaneous accounts receivable as well as a record of apples shipped.
The University of Oregon's art museum first opened its doors to the public on June 10, 1933; it was renovated and reopened in 2005 as the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art (MOA). The collection (1915-2007) contains records of the Museum and the Friends of the Museum of Art organization, and material includes correspondence and minutes, history files, exhibit and loan material, acquisition files, photographs, and building records among other material.
The Edward Wilson Kimbark papers contain the personal and professional manuscripts, correspondence, photographs and subject files of Edward Wilson Kimbark, who was an esteemed electrical engineer. The collection contains published material, personal notes from academic classes both taken and taught as well as personal diaries by both him and his first wife.
Ellis F. Lawrence was an American architect. Conllection includes correspondence, architectural drawings, and photographs relating to projects undertaken by Lawrence & Holford, or McNaughton, Raymond & Lawrence, mainly in Oregon and Washington, from 1909 to 1924.
- Correspondence 65
- Universities and colleges -- Oregon -- Eugene 35
- Education, Higher -- Oregon -- Eugene 34
- Photographs 23
- Oregon 15
- Reports 14
- Office files 10
- Administrative records 9
- College presidents -- Oregon -- Eugene 8
- Memorandums 8
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene 7
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene -- Societies, etc 7
- Financial records 7
- Diaries 6
- Greek letter societies -- Oregon -- Eugene 6
- Clippings 5
- Manuscripts for publication 4
- Scrapbooks 4
- Journalism 3 ∧ less
- University of Oregon 42
- University of Oregon. Office of the President 7
- Onthank, Karl William, 1890-1968 3
- Robinson, Horace W., 1909- 3
- University of Oregon. University Theatre 3
- Erb, Donald M. (Donald Milton), 1900-1943 2
- Newburn, Harry Kenneth, 1906- 2
- Oregon State Board of Higher Education 2
- United States. Bonneville Power Administration 2
- University of Oregon. Department of Theatre Arts 2
- Wilson, O. Meredith, 1909-1998 2
- American Association of University Professors 1
- American Association of University Professors. University of Oregon Chapter 1
- Anderson, Marian, 1897-1993 1
- Andrews, Roy Chester, 1885-1955 1
- Arntson, Herbert E., 1911- 1
- Arts in Oregon Association 1
- Audubon, John James, 1785-1851 1
- Beall, Chandler B. (Chandler Baker), 1901-1993 1
- Beattie, William Gilbert 1 ∧ less