Showing Collections: 1 - 16 of 16
The Academic Distinctions committee at the University of Oregon was concerned with reviewing the requirements for achieving various academic distinctions. Collection contains material regarding a new grading system and the honors college, 1970-1971.
Launched 1879 with five alumni, the University of Oregon Alumni Association works to keep alumni connected to the university. The collection contains Alumni Holding Company and Alumni Association records including correspondence, minutes, publications, reports, and newsletters, directories, resolutions, financial records, donor relations files, reunion information, photographs, slides, and negatives as well as correspondence and other information on students who served in WWI and WWII.
Beta Phi Mu, the library and information studies honor society, was founded at the University of Illinois in August, 1948. The collection contains the University of Oregon chapter records consisting of bylaws, ritual information, correspondence, committee information and minutes, member and initiate information, treasurer's books and receipts, and a brass wick lamp, 1973.
Laura J. Bock was a student at the University of Oregon during the 1960s who took part in civil rights activism and anti-vietnam protests at the university. The collection (1962-1969) contains political ephemera such as flyers and posters, memos, buttons, and underground newsletters and publications, as well as Bock's personal notes, correspondence, and an oral history (with transcript).
Educational Opportunity Services was created in 1964 and provided opportunities and educational access for students that were considered educationally disadvantaged. The collection contains records that document the functions and activities of this service, and may include records from the Native American Program, Project 75, Sesamex, Upward Bound, High School Equivalency Program, and/or Project Connection.
The Foreign Student Friendship Foundation was founded in 1950 by University of Oregon professor Dr. David M. Dougherty. The collection contains correspondence, excursion records, minutes, reports and program files, 1958-1984.
Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia was established for male musicians in 1898 as a secret society, and in 1900 became a collegiate fraternity. The collection contains the University of Oregon's Psi Chapter records including a fraternity scrapbook, correspondence, and records of honorary members.
Founded in 1899, the Oregon Daily Emerald (ODE) is a student-run independent daily campus newspaper at the University of Oregon. The collection (1920-2004) contains photographs, negatives, and slides, assignment ledger, ODE issues, minutes, reports, correspondence, and office files.
Phi Chi Theta is a business and economics fraternity that was founded on June 16, 1924 in Chicago, Illinois; the now inactive University of Oregon chapter was formed in 1962. The collection includes correspondence, minutes, office files and artifacts, 1976-1978
The Philologian Society was a student group at the University of Oregon. The collection contains one hand-written record book of minutes, 1893-1903.
Pi Mu Epsilon dedicates itself to the promotion of mathematics and recognition of students who successfully pursue mathematical understanding. The University of Oregon Chapter, Oregon Alpha, was established in 1931 but is now inactive. Collection includes correspondence, initiation material, and artifacts from this fraternity, 1925-1930's.
Donald Blair Rice was a student at the University of Oregon. He was a member of the Class of 1914, and editor of the Oregana, the UO student yearbook. The collection (1913) contains letters written by Rice to his parents while he was a student at the UO.
Sigma Xi was founded in 1886 (nationally) to honor excellence in scientific investigation and encourage a sense of companionship and cooperation among researchers in all fields of science and engineering. The Society of the Sigma Xi, University of Oregon Chapter, was founded in 1923 after a two year effort. Collection contains office files, correspondence, fraternity records, chapter book, and historical information.
The University Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) (previously named Academic Learning Services Center) provides numerous services including programs, workshops, courses, tutors, and mentors to assist students with their educational pursuits at the University of Oregon. The collection contains correspondence and meeting minutes, 1971-1975.
Theatre productions were performed at University of Oregon long before the University Theatre was built in 1949; the Horace Robinson Theatre (as it is now known) is used primarily for Department of Theatre Arts productions. The collection (1909-2009) contains annual reports, publicity materials, production reports, photographs and slides, reviews, correspondence, meeting minutes, and also records from Carnival Theater and Very Little Theatre.
- Education, Higher -- Oregon -- Eugene 11
- Universities and colleges -- Oregon -- Eugene 11
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene 7
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene -- Societies, etc 7
- Greek letter societies -- Oregon -- Eugene 6
- Office files 4
- Financial records 3
- Photographs 3
- Reports 3
- Artifacts 2
- Academic achievement -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Annual reports 1
- Audiotapes 1
- Business -- Societies, etc 1
- Bylaws (administrative records) 1
- Children with social disabilities -- Education -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Civil Rights 1
- Civil disobedience -- Oregon -- Eugene 1 + ∧ less
- University of Oregon 12
- Beta Phi Mu 1
- Beta Phi Mu. Beta Gamma Chapter (University of Oregon) 1
- Bock, Laura J. 1
- Foreign Student Friendship Foundation (University of Oregon) 1
- Oregon Daily Emerald 1
- Phi Chi Theta. Oregon Beta (University of Oregon) 1
- Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia Fraternity of America. Psi Chapter (University of Oregon) 1
- Pi Mu Epsilon. Oregon Alpha Chapter (University of Oregon) 1
- Rice, Donald B. (Donald Blair) 1
- Robert D. Clark Honors College 1
- Robinson, Horace W., 1909- 1
- Sigma Chi Fraternity. Beta Iota Chapter (University of Oregon) 1
- Society of the Sigma Xi. University of Oregon Chapter 1
- Students for a Democratic Society (U.S.) 1
- University of Oregon. Academic Learning Services 1
- University of Oregon. Alumni Association 1
- University of Oregon. Committee on Academic Distinctions 1
- University of Oregon. Department of Theatre Arts 1
- University of Oregon. Educational Opportunity Services 1 + ∧ less