Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 42
Launched 1879 with five alumni, the University of Oregon Alumni Association works to keep alumni connected to the university. The collection contains Alumni Holding Company and Alumni Association records including correspondence, minutes, publications, reports, and newsletters, directories, resolutions, financial records, donor relations files, reunion information, photographs, slides, and negatives as well as correspondence and other information on students who served in WWI and WWII.
The American Association of University Professors' (AAUP) purpose is to advance academic freedom and to ensure higher education's contribution to the common good. Records include correspondence, minutes, committee reports, membership lists, programs, office files, faculty unions and bargaining information, hearings and legal records, salary research materials, and records on the 1952 Loyalty Oath controversy.
Roy C. Andrews was a school teacher and administrator in Michigan, Texas, Arkansas, Washington and Oregon. He was a chemistry instructor at the University of Oregon from 1935 until his retirement in 1950. Andrews is noted for his photographs of one-room schoolhouses in southern Lane County, 1911-1913. The collection consists of diaries, one account book, two ledgers, music concert lists, correspondence, University of Oregon material, and photographs.
Beta Phi Mu, the library and information studies honor society, was founded at the University of Illinois in August, 1948. The collection contains the University of Oregon chapter records consisting of bylaws, ritual information, correspondence, committee information and minutes, member and initiate information, treasurer's books and receipts, and a brass wick lamp, 1973.
Laura J. Bock was a student at the University of Oregon during the 1960s who took part in civil rights activism and anti-vietnam protests at the university. The collection (1962-1969) contains political ephemera such as flyers and posters, memos, buttons, and underground newsletters and publications, as well as Bock's personal notes, correspondence, and an oral history (with transcript).
Luella Clay Carson (1856-1938) was a professor at the University of Oregon and, later, university president at Mills College in Oakland, California. The collection consists of correspondence and documents related to both universities.
The Center for the Advanced Study of Educational Administration, a division of the Institute for Community Studies, was established in 1964 with funds granted by the Research and Development Program of the United States Office of Education. Collection includes correspondence, committee and general reports, and general office records, 1966-1970.
Collection includes personal papers, professional papers, publications, field notes, slides and negatives, and reel-to-reel films relating to the career of Luther Cressman (1897-1994), an anthropologist and University of Oregon professor who focused on prehistoric man in Oregon.
The study of rhetoric and performance has been a part of the curriculum of the University of Oregon since it opened its doors in 1877; the Department of Speech also used to offer classes in radio, film, theatre study, and also dramatic performance. The bulk of the collection (1948-1999) consists of records when the Department of Speech was heavily involved with theatre performance.
Educational Opportunity Services was created in 1964 and provided opportunities and educational access for students that were considered educationally disadvantaged. The collection contains records that document the functions and activities of this service, and may include records from the Native American Program, Project 75, Sesamex, Upward Bound, High School Equivalency Program, and/or Project Connection.
Faculty bulletins and scrapbooks contain memos, correspondence and bulletins produced by and for the faculty of the University of Oregon between 1914-1931 and preserved in 31 scrapbooks.
The Foreign Student Friendship Foundation was founded in 1950 by University of Oregon professor Dr. David M. Dougherty. The collection contains correspondence, excursion records, minutes, reports and program files, 1958-1984.
The High School Debating League was started by the Oregon Teacher Association and the University of Oregon contributed by publishing the Debating News newsletter, scheduling, and hosting the championship debate. The collection includes correspondence, programs, copies of the Debating News, and meeting minutes, 1910-1924.
The University of Oregon's art museum first opened its doors to the public on June 10, 1933; it was renovated and reopened in 2005 as the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art (MOA). The collection (1915-2007) contains records of the Museum and the Friends of the Museum of Art organization, and material includes correspondence and minutes, history files, exhibit and loan material, acquisition files, photographs, and building records among other material.
Ellis F. Lawrence was an American architect. Conllection includes correspondence, architectural drawings, and photographs relating to projects undertaken by Lawrence & Holford, or McNaughton, Raymond & Lawrence, mainly in Oregon and Washington, from 1909 to 1924.
Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia was established for male musicians in 1898 as a secret society, and in 1900 became a collegiate fraternity. The collection contains the University of Oregon's Psi Chapter records including a fraternity scrapbook, correspondence, and records of honorary members.
Mathematician Charles Hiram Chapman served as President of the University of Oregon, 1893-1899, and taught mathematical physics at the university. Collection contains incoming inquires and correspondence of Charles Chapman during his presidency at the University of Oregon, 1893-1896.
Clarence Valentine Boyer (1880-1954) was an English professor and dean at the University of Oregon, and also served as University President from 1934 until 1938. The collection (1932-1970) contains records from the Office of the President which include correspondence, reports, minutes, financial records, among other documents.
Donald Milton Erb served as the President of University of Oregon from 1938 to 1943. The collection contains records from the Office of the President from 1933 to 1942.
Frank Strong served as president of the University of Oregon from 1899 to 1902. The collection contains records of the Office of the President from 1899-1902.
Orlando John Hollis served as interim president of the University of Oregon from 1944 until Harry K. Newburn became the eighth president in 1945, serving until 1953. The collection contains records from the Office of the President from 1945-1953.
Karl Onthank worked on the staff of the University of Oregon from 1916 to 1957. Onthank and his wife, Ruth, were active conservationists. The collection consists of family history and personal correspondence, manuscripts, and photographs.
The Oregon Folk League promoted and administered a social and recreation center located in Siuslaw Bay, Oregon for members of the University of Oregon community; members of the league also formed a non-profit corporation, the Siuslaw Bay Community Inc., which held title to the land used by the league. The collection (1934-1941) contains promotion and administrative documents, a land deed, correspondence, meeting minutes, plans and blueprints of the center, and a photograph.
Phi Chi Theta is a business and economics fraternity that was founded on June 16, 1924 in Chicago, Illinois; the now inactive University of Oregon chapter was formed in 1962. The collection includes correspondence, minutes, office files and artifacts, 1976-1978
The Philologian Society was a student group at the University of Oregon. The collection contains one hand-written record book of minutes, 1893-1903.
Pi Mu Epsilon dedicates itself to the promotion of mathematics and recognition of students who successfully pursue mathematical understanding. The University of Oregon Chapter, Oregon Alpha, was established in 1931 but is now inactive. Collection includes correspondence, initiation material, and artifacts from this fraternity, 1925-1930's.
According to the University or Oregon bulletin of 1935/1936: "The University Publications Committee has general responsibility for all scholarly and research publications issued by the University of Oregon." The collection contains minutes, memoranda and correspondence regarding scholarly writings and University publications, 1955-1958.
- Universities and colleges -- Oregon -- Eugene 25
- Education, Higher -- Oregon -- Eugene 23
- Photographs 13
- Reports 11
- Administrative records 9
- College presidents -- Oregon -- Eugene 7
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene -- Societies, etc 7
- Office files 7
- Oregon 7
- Financial records 6
- Greek letter societies -- Oregon -- Eugene 6
- Diaries 5
- Memorandums 5
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene 4
- Programs 3
- Artifacts 2
- Audiotapes 2
- Clippings 2 + ∧ less
- University of Oregon. Office of the President 6
- Onthank, Karl William, 1890-1968 3
- Erb, Donald M. (Donald Milton), 1900-1943 2
- Newburn, Harry Kenneth, 1906- 2
- Wilson, O. Meredith, 1909-1998 2
- American Association of University Professors 1
- American Association of University Professors. University of Oregon Chapter 1
- Andrews, Roy Chester, 1885-1955 1
- Arts in Oregon Association 1
- Beta Phi Mu 1
- Beta Phi Mu. Beta Gamma Chapter (University of Oregon) 1
- Bock, Laura J. 1
- Boyer, Clarence Valentine, 1880-1954 1
- Carson, Luella Clay, 1856-1938 1
- Center for Advanced Study in the Behavioral Sciences (Stanford, Calif.) 1
- Chapman, Charles Hiram, 1860-1934 1
- Charles H. Lundquist College of Business 1
- Clark, Robert D. (Robert Donald), 1910-2005 1
- Cressman, Luther S., 1897-1994 1 + ∧ less