Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Alpha Delta Sigma (ADS), a national honor society sponsored by AAF, recognizes and encourages scholastic achievement in advertising studies. The collection includes chapter handbooks and scrapbooks, convention materials, photographs, financial records, correspondence, and membership information, 1942-1957.
The Educational Activities Board at the University of Oregon comprised alumni and students and administered student activities and clubs at the university, except sports. The collection (1932-1948) contains records from the multitude of groups, programs, and clubs it oversaw including the Oregon Daily Emerald, Oregana, women's clubs, concerts and performances, and UO band and orchestra, among many others.
The Foreign Student Friendship Foundation was founded in 1950 by University of Oregon professor Dr. David M. Dougherty. The collection contains correspondence, excursion records, minutes, reports and program files, 1958-1984.
Sigma Xi was founded in 1886 (nationally) to honor excellence in scientific investigation and encourage a sense of companionship and cooperation among researchers in all fields of science and engineering. The Society of the Sigma Xi, University of Oregon Chapter, was founded in 1923 after a two year effort. Collection contains office files, correspondence, fraternity records, chapter book, and historical information.
Theatre productions were performed at University of Oregon long before the University Theatre was built in 1949; the Horace Robinson Theatre (as it is now known) is used primarily for Department of Theatre Arts productions. The collection (1909-2009) contains annual reports, publicity materials, production reports, photographs and slides, reviews, correspondence, meeting minutes, and also records from Carnival Theater and Very Little Theatre.