Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 48
The Academic Distinctions committee at the University of Oregon was concerned with reviewing the requirements for achieving various academic distinctions. Collection contains material regarding a new grading system and the honors college, 1970-1971.
Alpha Delta Sigma (ADS), a national honor society sponsored by AAF, recognizes and encourages scholastic achievement in advertising studies. The collection includes chapter handbooks and scrapbooks, convention materials, photographs, financial records, correspondence, and membership information, 1942-1957.
The social fraternity Alpha Tau Omega was founded in 1865 at the Virginia Military Institute, and the Oregon Gamma Phi chapter was founded in 1910 and was closed in 2000. The collection contains historical information, pledge song information, and issues of the chapter publication, The Bumper, 1954-1966.
Launched 1879 with five alumni, the University of Oregon Alumni Association works to keep alumni connected to the university. The collection contains Alumni Holding Company and Alumni Association records including correspondence, minutes, publications, reports, and newsletters, directories, resolutions, financial records, donor relations files, reunion information, photographs, slides, and negatives as well as correspondence and other information on students who served in WWI and WWII.
The Asklepiads Pre-Med Society is a student-run organization at the University of Oregon open to all students interested in the medical field. The collection (1929-1983) contains meeting minutes, ritual, photographs, and treasurer's reports.
Beta Phi Mu, the library and information studies honor society, was founded at the University of Illinois in August, 1948. The collection contains the University of Oregon chapter records consisting of bylaws, ritual information, correspondence, committee information and minutes, member and initiate information, treasurer's books and receipts, and a brass wick lamp, 1973.
The Black Student Union at the University of Oregon was formed in 1966. The collection consists of photographs and scrapbooks from 1978 to 1981.
Laura J. Bock was a student at the University of Oregon during the 1960s who took part in civil rights activism and anti-vietnam protests at the university. The collection (1962-1969) contains political ephemera such as flyers and posters, memos, buttons, and underground newsletters and publications, as well as Bock's personal notes, correspondence, and an oral history (with transcript).
The mission of the UO Center on Diversity and Community (CoDaC) is to advance inclusive excellence through critical thinking and an ethic of care. The collection contains reports and VHS tapes on CoDaC projects concerning diversity and affirmative action.
The Community Action program originated in the Department of Human Services and participants undertook action in local communities. The collection contains two copies of a VHS video of the project.
The Creative Writing Program at the University of Oregon offers a minor concentration, the Kidd Tutorial program (a yearlong course for undergraduates), and a masters degree. The collection contains the records of short story winner of W. Kidd, 1974.
Delta Nu Alpha is an international organization dedicated to transportation and logistics. The collection contains University of Oregon chapter records that document the functions, activities, and people of the organization. Records include correspondence, newsletters, meeting minutes, membership files, national materials, subject files on transportation topics, and photographs, 1947-1958.
The Department of Military Science was established at the University of Oregon in 1919, although the school had sponsored military training through the Reserve Officers' Training Corps (ROTC) program before the creation of a Military Science department. The collection includes department files and ROTC/Air Force ROTC information, audiotapes, scrapbooks, photographs, clippings, newsletters, student orientation and training, and protest information, 1916-1972.
The Educational Activities Board at the University of Oregon comprised alumni and students and administered student activities and clubs at the university, except sports. The collection (1932-1948) contains records from the multitude of groups, programs, and clubs it oversaw including the Oregon Daily Emerald, Oregana, women's clubs, concerts and performances, and UO band and orchestra, among many others.
Educational Opportunity Services was created in 1964 and provided opportunities and educational access for students that were considered educationally disadvantaged. The collection contains records that document the functions and activities of this service, and may include records from the Native American Program, Project 75, Sesamex, Upward Bound, High School Equivalency Program, and/or Project Connection.
The Failing and Beekman student oratory contest at the University of Oregon began with an endowment established in 1883 by Henry Failing and C.C. Beekman that awarded two yearly prizes. The collection contains collected hand-written and typed orations by students, some with notations.
The Foreign Student Friendship Foundation was founded in 1950 by University of Oregon professor Dr. David M. Dougherty. The collection contains correspondence, excursion records, minutes, reports and program files, 1958-1984.
The Half Century Club was made up of University of Oregon alumni that had graduated in the 19th century. Collection consists of one record book of minutes taken during 1950-1957.
The Laurean and Eutaxian societies were student literary groups at the University of Oregon, founded in 1876 and 1877, respectively, and together they donated a book collection to UO in 1877 that would become the beginning of a University library. The collection contains meeting minutes, treasurer's and cash books, roll call, secretary's book, correspondence, a scrapbook, and volumes of the joint publication, The Reflector.
MEChA (Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano Aztlan), a University of Oregon student union began as a part of the Chicano Student Union in 1964. The group took its current title in 1969. Mujeres is a program within MEChA that began in 1995 and is focused on Chicanas and other women of color. The collection contains an informational pamphlet.
MEChA (Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano Aztlan), a University of Oregon student union began as a part of the Chicano Student Union in 1964. The group took its current title in 1969. The collection contains publications and pamphlets related to 2009 conferences.
The University of Oregon Mortar Board Society was founded in 1923. The collection includes office files, minutes, and society history files.
Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia was established for male musicians in 1898 as a secret society, and in 1900 became a collegiate fraternity. The collection contains the University of Oregon's Psi Chapter records including a fraternity scrapbook, correspondence, and records of honorary members.
Orchesis was a student athletic club of modern dance that was established in 1938. The collection includes a scrapbook.
Founded in 1899, the Oregon Daily Emerald (ODE) is a student-run independent daily campus newspaper at the University of Oregon. The collection (1920-2004) contains photographs, negatives, and slides, assignment ledger, ODE issues, minutes, reports, correspondence, and office files.
Phi Beta Kappa, Alpha of Oregon chapter, became the first chapter in the state of Oregon in 1923. Collection (1903-1993) includes bulletins, meeting minutes, secretary's book, constitution, and annual reports.
Phi Chi Theta is a business and economics fraternity that was founded on June 16, 1924 in Chicago, Illinois; the now inactive University of Oregon chapter was formed in 1962. The collection includes correspondence, minutes, office files and artifacts, 1976-1978
The Philologian Society was a student group at the University of Oregon. The collection contains one hand-written record book of minutes, 1893-1903.
Pi Beta Women's Fraternity was founded in 1912 at Northwestern University of Evanston, Illinois, as a professional fraternity for women who are outstanding in music and speech arts. The collection contains records that document the functions, activities, and people of the fraternity.
Pi Mu Epsilon dedicates itself to the promotion of mathematics and recognition of students who successfully pursue mathematical understanding. The University of Oregon Chapter, Oregon Alpha, was established in 1931 but is now inactive. Collection includes correspondence, initiation material, and artifacts from this fraternity, 1925-1930's.
- Education, Higher -- Oregon -- Eugene 33
- Universities and colleges -- Oregon -- Eugene 33
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene 28
- Colleges and Universities 27
- Correspondence 24
- College students -- Oregon -- Eugene -- Societies, etc 16
- Student Life 15
- Greek letter societies -- Oregon -- Eugene 12
- Photographs 9
- Scrapbooks 7
- Office files 6
- Clippings 5
- Financial records 5
- Reports 5
- Membership lists 4
- Newsletters 4
- Pamphlets 4
- Student activities -- Oregon -- Eugene 4
- Student movements -- Oregon -- Eugene 4
- Annual reports 3 + ∧ less
- University of Oregon 38
- Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlán (University of Oregon) 2
- University of Oregon. Associated Students 2
- Alpha Delta Sigma. W. F. G. Thacher Chapter (University of Oregon) 1
- Alpha Tau Omega. Gamma Phi Chapter (University of Oregon) 1
- Asklepiads Pre-Med Society 1
- Beta Phi Mu 1
- Beta Phi Mu. Beta Gamma Chapter (University of Oregon) 1
- Black Student Union (University of Oregon) 1
- Bock, Laura J. 1
- Delta Nu Alpha Transportation Fraternity. University of Oregon Chapter 1
- Failing and Beekman Oratory Contest 1
- Foreign Student Friendship Foundation (University of Oregon) 1
- Mortar Board (Society). University of Oregon Chapter 1
- Mujeres (Program) 1
- Orchesis (Dance group : University of Oregon) 1
- Oregon Daily Emerald 1
- Phi Beta Kappa. Alpha of Oregon (University of Oregon) 1
- Phi Chi Theta. Oregon Beta (University of Oregon) 1
- Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia Fraternity of America. Psi Chapter (University of Oregon) 1 + ∧ less