Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Henry Waldo Coe (1857-1927) was a Portland, Oregon, physician, patron of the arts, and member of the Progressive Party. The collection consists mainly of correspondence including letters from Theodore Roosevelt and the Roosevelt family (1907-1918), and correspondence, clippings and photographs concerning statues of Roosevelt, George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and Jeanne D'Arc commissioned by Coe.
Thomas Allen McBride (1847-1930) became an attorney, served in the Oregon House of Representatives, as a District Attorney, as a Clatsop County Circuit Court judge, and from 1909 till 1930, served as an Oregon Supreme Court Justice. The collection contains correspondence, speeches, publications, certificates, clippings, and photographs.
Frederick Steiwer (1883-1939) became a lawyer who served as Oregon district attorney 1912-1916, was elected to the State Senate, served in WWI, and was elected to the U.S. Senate (1926-1938). The collection contains political campaign records, army records, correspondence and clippings, 1911-1933.
Albert Streiff (1894-1968) was a member of the Socialist Party who ran for Oregon governor in 1930. Collection contains manuscripts of radio talks, correspondence, certificates of nomination to the Socialist Party, a scrapbook, Socialist Party Convention journals, Socialist Party National Committee motions, socialist pamphlets, Labor and Socialist Service Press, National Executive Committee memoranda and Executive Secretary letters.
Joseph Nathan Teal (1858-1929) was an Oregon rancher, lawyer, investor, and civic leader who was an advocate of waterways development and served as U.S. Shipping Commissioner from 1920-1921. The collection (1894-1917) contains fourteen volumes of scrapbooks regarding Oregon politics, Portland water, transportation in Oregon, taxes, the railroad, Celilo canal, and navigation of the Columbia River
Oswald West (1873-1960) was an attorney in Portland, Oregon, and served as governor of Oregon from 1911 until 1915. The collection (1910-1940) contains correspondence, campaign broadsides from 1910, a scrapbook of newspaper clippings by and about West, and photographs.
- Politicians -- Oregon 3
- Scrapbooks 3
- Broadsides 2
- Lawyers -- Oregon -- Portland 2
- Legislators -- Oregon 2
- Photographs 2
- Political campaigns -- Oregon 2
- Campaign literature 1
- Canals -- Columbia River 1
- Canals -- Oregon -- Dalles 1
- Certificates 1
- Governors -- Oregon 1
- Judges -- Oregon 1
- Lawyers -- Oregon 1
- Legislators -- Oregon -- Correspondence 1
- Legislators -- Oregon -- Portland 1 + ∧ less
- Coe, Henry Waldo, 1857-1927 1
- Joan, of Arc, Saint, 1412-1431 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 1
- McBride family 1
- McBride, George Wycliffe, 1854-1911 1
- McBride, Thomas A. (Thomas Allen), 1847-1930 1
- McNary, Charles Linza, 1874-1944 1
- Oregon. Supreme Court 1
- Roosevelt family 1
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919 1
- Socialist Party of Oregon 1
- Steiwer, Frederick, 1883-1939 1
- Streiff, Albert, 1894-1968 1
- Teal, Joseph Nathan, 1858-1929 1
- United States. Army 1
- United States. Congress. Senate 1
- Washington, George, 1732-1799 1
- West, Oswald, 1873-1960 1 + ∧ less