Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Bryton Barron (1898- ) was a teacher, a writer, a civil servant, a publisher and, most notably, a political conservative who wrote critically of the U.S. State Department and U.S. Foreign policy. The collection includes correspondence, writings, reports and newspaper clippings.
Arthur Whipple Crawford (1885-?) was an economist and newspaper correspondent. The collection includes an autobiography, published material, scrapbooks, papers on the World Peace Conference, miscellaneous writings, manuscripts, records of the American Liberty League, manuscripts on the New Deal, records of the Economists National Committee on Monetary Policy, and other miscellaneous items.
Jacquin "Jack" Lait was a newspaper reporter and theater critic for the Chicago Herald, and also a writer of short stories, plays, and novels. The collection contains literary manuscripts, illustrations, correspondence, and memorabilia.
Frederick H. Saylor was a collector of Native American legends and a writer of articles for pioneer publications. The collection contains a manuscript, scrapbooks, correspondence, ephemera and mementos mostly regarding myths, legends, and traditions of native peoples of the Pacific Northwest and California.
Caroline (C.) Eleanor Spears (1876-1959) was a writer, suffragist, and a member of the Women's Christian Temperance Union (WCTU). The collection consists largely of collected printed material relating to suffrage (1915-1930) and temperance, (1918-1947), and to a lesser degree socialist politics and the Christian Science religion, and also includes general correspondence, manuscripts, diaries, and address books.
- Authors, American -- 20th century 2
- Journalists -- United States 2
- Photographs 2
- Adult education teachers -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- American drama -- 20th century 1
- American literature -- 20th century 1
- Arts and Humanities 1
- Astronomers -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Astronomical observatories -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Astronomy -- Oregon 1
- Astronomy -- Study and teaching -- Oregon -- Eugene 1
- Autobiographies 1
- Christian Science 1
- Conservatism -- United States 1
- Conservative literature -- United States 1
- Conservatives -- United States 1 ∧ less
- American Liberty League 1
- Barron, Bryton, 1898-1989 1
- Barron, Ella 1
- Chamber of Commerce of the United States of America 1
- Crawford, Arthur W. (Arthur Whipple) 1
- Economists' National Committee on Monetary Policy (U.S.) 1
- Evergreen Observatory 1
- Lait, Jack, 1882-1954 1
- Philippines. Bureau of Education 1
- Pruett, J. Hugh (James Hugh), 1886-1955 1
- Saylor, Frederick H. 1
- Spears, C. Eleanor, 1876-1959 1
- Spears, Raymond S. (Raymond Smiley), 1876-1950 1
- Tax Foundation 1
- United States. Department of State 1
- Voorhis, Jerry, 1901-1984 1
- Woman's Christian Temperance Union 1 ∧ less