Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Justin Chenoweth (1829-1898) was an Oregon pioneer and surveyor. Collection includes two containers of family letters, poems, important documents, Chenoweth's diary, and biographical and genealogical material.
Prichard left Polk County, Iowa in 1852; was in Marysville, Calif., in 1861; Union, Oregon, 1865-1867; and Rye Valley, Oregon, 1868-1869. In 1865, he built a toll road from Union to Express Ranch, Oregon, an investment that failed. His very occasional letters to a brother, Amos, and to other relatives in Iowa give a bare account of his experiences.
George Miller West (1831-1912) was a pioneer and carpenter who travelled to Oregon and California to gold mine in 1853. Collection consists of one 49 paged reminiscence, typewritten and includes photographs. Photocopy is included.
- Correspondence 2
- Letters (Correspondence) 2
- Pioneers -- Oregon Territory 2
- Diaries 1
- Genealogies (histories) 1
- Gold mines and mining -- California 1
- Gold mines and mining -- Oregon 1
- Marysville (Calif.) 1
- Overland Journeys to the Northwestern United States 1
- Overland journeys to the Pacific 1
- Pioneers -- California 1
- Pioneers -- California -- Correspondence 1
- Pioneers -- Oregon -- Correspondence 1
- Poems 1
- Polk County (Iowa) 1
- Reminiscences 1
- Surveyors -- Oregon 1 + ∧ less
- Chenoweth, Justin, 1825-1898 1
- Prichard, William S. 1
- West, George Miller, 1831-1912 1