Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 57

American Association for Health, Physical Education and Recreation (AAHPER), NW District records

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: Bx 113
Abstract

The American Association for Health, Physical Education and Recreation (AAHPER) was founded on November 27, 1885, and the mission of the organization is to advance professional practice and promote research related to health and physical education, physical activity, dance, and sport. The collection (1930-1967) contains records from the North West District and material includes minutes, correspondence, by-laws, historical summary, and convention publications.

Dates: 1930-1967

Associated General Contractors of America. Oregon-Columbia Chapter records

 Collection
Identifier: Bx 109
Abstract

The Associated General Contractors of America (AGC), Oregon-Columbia chapter was created in 1922 as a representative association for Oregon and Southwest Washington workers in the construction industry. The collection (1929-1961) contains correspondence and documents relating to labor negotiations and agreements, labor legislation, and the internal affairs of the association.

Dates: 1929-1961

Basic Rights Oregon (BRO) records

 Collection
Identifier: Coll 356
Abstract

During the 1990s, a group of activists formed a political action committee called Basic Rights Oregon (BRO) to fight against legislative measures in Oregon aimed at limiting gay and lesbian civil rights. The collection contains records from several state and local community organizations and is composed primarily of general administrative, campaign, and financial records, correspondence, newsletters and pamphlets, volunteer lists, audio and video tapes and reels, and artifacts.

Dates: 1993-1997

Beta Phi Mu. University of Oregon Chapter records

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: UA 134
Abstract

Beta Phi Mu, the library and information studies honor society, was founded at the University of Illinois in August, 1948. The collection contains the University of Oregon chapter records consisting of bylaws, ritual information, correspondence, committee information and minutes, member and initiate information, treasurer's books and receipts, and a brass wick lamp, 1973.

Dates: 1973

Bunting and Trulove papers

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: Bx 180
Abstract

David Bunting (1940-) and William Thomas Trulove (1943- ) researched the economic effects of the termination of the Klamath Indian Reservation. The collection contains research files, surveys and interviews, original manuscripts, and published material.

Dates: 1947-1973

Center for the Advanced Study of Educational Administration records

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: UA 165
Abstract

The Center for the Advanced Study of Educational Administration, a division of the Institute for Community Studies, was established in 1964 with funds granted by the Research and Development Program of the United States Office of Education. Collection includes correspondence, committee and general reports, and general office records, 1966-1970.

Dates: 1966-1970

Cornucopia Mines records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: Bx 005
Abstract

The Cornucopia Mines company of Oregon was incorporated July 30, 1927 by Robert W. Betts, Blaine Hallock, and James H. Nichols as a successor company to the Baker Mines company. The collection contains corporate records, financial ledgers, and correspondence, 1918-1941.

Dates: 1918-1942

Department of Geography records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 053
Abstract

The departments of Geography and Geology were closely intertwined until the 1970's at the university of Oregon even though the Department of Geography was officially created during the 1932/33 school year. The collection contains departmental administrative files.

Dates: 1956-1980

Department of Geological Sciences records

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: UA 054
Abstract

Geology has been offered at the University of Oregon since its establishment in 1876, and Thomas Condon was the first and only professor of Geology until 1904. Collection contains correspondence, scrapbooks, photographs, slides, and films.

Dates: 1931-1968

Department of Physics records

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: UA 171
Abstract

The Department of Physics at the University of Oregon grew out of the Natural Philosophy curriculum that was offered at the university beginning the year it was founded, 1876. The collection contains grant reports and U.S. Atomic Energy Commission records.

Dates: 1966-1970

Department of Speech records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 191
Abstract

The study of rhetoric and performance has been a part of the curriculum of the University of Oregon since it opened its doors in 1877; the Department of Speech also used to offer classes in radio, film, theatre study, and also dramatic performance. The bulk of the collection (1948-1999) consists of records when the Department of Speech was heavily involved with theatre performance.

Dates: 1948-1999

Ellison-White Chautauqua Bureau records

 Collection — Multiple Collection Box: [B 075] 1, Volume: 1 (shares a rsb)
Identifier: B 075
Abstract

Travelling chautauqua shows offered lectures, plays, and concerts of religious, classical, and popular music, and in 1912, J.R. Ellison joined with Clarence H. White in establishing the Ellison-White Chautauqua Bureau, headquartered in Portland, Oregon. The collection contains articles of incorporation, bylaws, minutes, articles, and programs, 1912-1928.

Dates: 1912-1928

Eugene Fruit Growers Association records

 Collection — Multiple Collection Box: [B 165] 1
Identifier: B 165
Abstract

Eugene Fruit Growers Association was a vegetable, fruit, and nut growing, picking, packing, and canning cooperative, founded in 1908. The collection (1911-1947) contains financial records, excerpts from managers reports, an annual report, a photograph album, and printed brochures.

Dates: 1911-1947

Eugene Women's Crisis Center records

 Collection
Identifier: Coll 313
Abstract

The Eugene Women's Crisis Center, established in the 1970s, provided assistance and support to victims of sexual assault. The Eugene Women's Crisis Center records consist of minutes, administrative documents, records of training and events, grant records, and subject files.

Dates: 1977-1991

First Christian Church (Albany, OR), Christian Endeavor Society records

 Collection — Volume: 1
Identifier: B 003
Abstract

A chapter of the Christian Endeavor Society organized at the First Christian Church at Albany, Oregon. The collection (1893-1901) contains a constitution, by-laws, meeting minutes, and a membership list of the society.

Dates: 1893-1901

Fruit Growers Association of Southern Oregon record book

 Collection — Multiple Collection Box: [B 079] 1
Identifier: B 079
Abstract

The president of the Fruit Growers Association of Southern Oregon was B. F. Miller, and the secretary was J. H. Griffis, at the time the records in this collection were created. The collection (1885-1889) contains a record book that includes constitution, bylaws, and meeting minutes.

Dates: 1885-1889

Fred M. Fuecker papers

 Collection
Identifier: Ax 514
Abstract

Fred Michael Fuecker (1895-1975) served in the military from 1911-1955, including World War I and World War II. The collection consists of a World War I diary, administrative papers of the provost marshal of Los Angeles and Arizona, and of Service Command Unit 4910, Los Angeles (1942-1944), and seven photograph albums, (1911-1924), scrapbooks and mementos.

Dates: 1911-1955

Nathan H. Gellert papers

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: Ax 038
Abstract

Nathan Gellert (1889-1959) was an engineer specializing in design and construction of gas plants and problems of gas technology. The papers include volumes of data and conclusions for a series of engineering projects as well as corporate records.

Dates: 1911-1956

Guernsey-Newton Company records

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: B 029
Abstract

The Guernsey-Newton Company was a Washington state insurance firm that was later absorbed by the Continental Casualty Company in 1929. The collection (1909-1921) contains minutes, articles of incorporation, by-laws, treasurer's reports, correspondence, motions, and amendments to the articles of incorporation.

Dates: 1909-1929

Emmett Gulley papers

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: Ax 341
Abstract

Emmet W. Gulley (1894-1981) became a missionary, as well as a professor and president of Pacific College (now George Fox College), and investigated the governmental relations between the Doukhobors and the Canadian government. The collection contains correspondence, administrative papers, articles, essays, pamphlets, and newspaper clippings regarding the Doukhobors and Gulley's mediation work, and a scrapbook that contains photographs of Doukhobors.

Dates: 1950-1956

Independent Order of Odd Fellows, Grand Lodge of Oregon records

 Collection — Folder: 1
Identifier: B 073
Abstract

The Independent Organization of Odd Fellows is a fraternal organization that traces its roots back to 17th century England; the first Odd Fellows lodge in Oregon was organized in 1852, in Salem. The collection (1891-1893) contains the transactions of Grand Master Abel D. Helman, of the Grand Chapter of Oregon.

Dates: 1891-1893

Independent Order of Odd Fellows, Hannibal, Missouri, Lodge #8 certificate

 Collection — Multiple Collection Box: [CA 1840 Nov 10] 1
Identifier: CA 1840 Nov 10
Abstract

The Independent Organization of Odd Fellows is a fraternal organization that traces its roots back to 17th century England. The collection contains a certificate of membership from Lodge #8, of Hannibal, Missouri, dated November 10, 1840.

Dates: 1840 November 10

Independent Order of Odd Fellows, Spencer Butte Lodge No. 9 records

 Collection — Multiple Collection Box: [Coll 379] 1
Identifier: Coll 379
Abstract

Spencer Butte Lodge No. 9 is a Eugene, Oregon chapter of the Independent Organization of Odd Fellows. The collection (1863-1907) consists of correspondence, official documents, and other lodge materials.

Dates: 1863-1907

International Longshoremen's Association, Local Pacific Coast District records

 Collection
Identifier: Coll 412
Abstract

The International Longshoremen's Association (ILA), AFL-CIO, organized in 1892, is a union of maritime workers in North America, and the Pacific Coast District was formed after a coast-wide dockworkers’ strike in 1934. The collection (1934-1945) contains records from the Pacific Coast District including material regarding the strike of 1934.

Dates: 1934-1945

Jefferson Center for Education and Research records

 Collection
Identifier: Coll 317
Abstract The Jefferson Center for Education and Research specialized in facilitating discussion, problem solving and community connections among low-income non-timber forest workers and harvesters, rural communities and contingent laborers in the Pacific Northwest. This collection provides much needed insight into the economic, political, and social issues among these groups. Founded by Beverly Anne Brown in 1994, the center was headquartered in Sunny Valley, Oregon. The collection includes meeting...
Dates: 1935-2009

Lay Council for Better Education, Lane County School District No. 69 records

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: B 146
Abstract

The Lay Council for Better Education for Lane County School District No. 69 was an organization that formed to promote school improvement. The collection (1956-1960) contains by-laws, meeting minutes, including Board of Director's and School Board minutes, correspondence, reports, and financial records.

Dates: 1956-1960

Linn Baseball Club records

 Collection — Multiple Collection Box: [B 095] 1
Identifier: B 095
Abstract

Linn Baseball Club of Albany, Oregon was organized March 30, 1878. The collection (1878-1879) contains a ledger volume consisting of constitution, bylaws, and meeting minutes.

Dates: 1878-1879

Loyal Legion of Loggers and Lumbermen records

 Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: Bx 040
Abstract

The Loyal Legion of Loggers and Lumbermen (Four L) was a "company union" created by Brice P. Disque, in 1917. The collection (1918-1937) contains corporate records including constitutions and by-laws, minutes, convention proceedings, correspondence, and publications.

Dates: 1918-1937

Lundquist College of Business (LCB) records

 Collection
Identifier: UA 039
Abstract The University of Oregon began offering a business curriculum in 1884. Originally called the School of Commerce, it was renamed the School of Business Administration in 1920. In 1993, the department was renamed the Lundquist College of Business (LCB) in honor of alumnus and generous donor Charles H. Lundquist. The collection includes records from the Dean’s Office (1920-1952; 1958-1988) as well as records of the school’s work with local businesses, universities, and...
Dates: 1920-2007

McMinnville Ladies' Sanitary Aid Society records

 Collection — Multiple Collection Box: [B 152] 1
Identifier: B 152
Abstract

The McMinnville (Oregon) Ladies’ Sanitary Aid Society was founded in 1863 to support Union troops by providing volunteer support and raising money. The collection (1861-1865; 1961) contains a secretary's book, a treasurer's book, annual report, constitution and bylaws, meeting minutes, Juvenile Sanitary Society information, correspondence, receipts, and a story regarding the society.

Dates: 1864-1961; Majority of material found within 1864 - 1865

Filtered By

  • Subject: Administrative records X

Filter Results

Additional filters:

Subject
Correspondence 33
Administrative records 30
Bylaws (administrative records) 25
Oregon 20
Financial records 18