Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
The C. Girard Davidson Papers document the career of attorney, politician, and businessman Crow Girard "Jebby" Davidson (1910-1996). The collection is organized into major series concerning government projects, legal cases, political activities, and business interests. The majority of material related to Davidson's service as Assistant Secretary of the Interior (1946-1950) is housed in the Truman Presidential Library in Independence, Missouri.
A.C. (Arnold C.) Heyman (1878-1975) was an Oregon farmer and advocate of public power. Collection consists of correspondence, speeches and radio talks, letters to the editor, materials on the Linn County PUD, research materials on public power, and personal material.
Samuel Moment worked as an industry development consultant from 1940 to 1954 for the Bonneville Power Administration and from 1955 to 1995 as a consultant to world organizations. The collection contains documents related to the legal dispute over placement of Snake River dams during the Eisenhower administration.
Jane Novick, nee Graham, (1924-1914) served as the secretary for the Eugene Future Power Committee. She was involved in the American Civil Liberties Unions, the League of Women Voters, and the Lane County Democratic Party. She was an activist opponent against EWEB's usage of nuclear power, and she was a key individual in stopping the construction of a $234 million nuclear power plant near Big Creek between Florence and Yachats in 1970.
The Oregon Commonwealth Federation was a progressive political group that campaigned to support New Deal policies and politicians in Oregon, between 1936 - 1942. Monroe Sweetland was elected executive secretary/director of the group at its first convention in 1937, and served until 1942. The collection (1936-1942) contains articles of incorporation, by-laws, meeting minutes, press releases, financial records, and correspondence.
The papers of Paul Jerome Raver document his work as a student at Northwestern University, as an engineer for the Chicago Surface Lines, as the supervisor of the Rates and Research Department of the Illinois Commerce Commission, as the administrator of Bonneville Power Administration, and as superintendent of the Seattle City Light Company, and include class notes and course materials, correspondence, speeches, minutes, reports and studies, case files, publications, and scrapbooks.
- Oregon 5
- Public Utilities 4
- Correspondence 3
- Businesses and Corporations 2
- Electric utilities -- Northwest, Pacific 2
- Environmental Conditions 2
- Politics and Politicians 2
- Public Works 2
- Agriculture 1
- Agriculture -- Oregon 1
- Aluminum industry and trade 1
- Atomic Energy 1
- Bonneville Power Administration (U.S.) 1
- Business enterprises -- Alaska 1
- Business enterprises -- Oregon 1
- Civil Rights 1
- Columbia River -- Power utilization 1
- Conservation of natural resources 1
- Conservation of natural resources -- Northwest, Pacific 1
- Construction industry -- Northwest, Pacific 1 ∧ less
- Hydroelectric Commission of Oregon 2
- Sweetland, Monroe, 1910-2006 2
- Bessey, Roy F. (Roy Frederic), 1889-1980 1
- Bowles, Chester, 1901-1986 1
- Columbia Valley Authority 1
- Davidson, C. Girard (Crowe Girard), 1910- 1
- Davidson, Nikoloric, Weiss, and Miller (Firm) 1
- Davidson, Sylvia Nemer 1
- Democratic National Committee (U.S.) 1
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 1
- Douglas, William O. (William Orville), 1898-1980 1
- Eugene Future Power Committee 1
- Eugene Water & Electric Board 1
- Green, Edith, 1910-1987 1
- Heyman, A. C. (Arnold C.), 1878-1975 1
- Heyman-Campbell Farms 1
- Honeyman, Nan Wood, 1881-1970 1
- Humphrey, Hubert H. (Hubert Horatio), 1911-1978 1
- Idaho Power Company 1 ∧ less