Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Joseph N. Dolph (1835-1897) served in the Oregon State Senate and was also elected to the U.S. Senate as a Republican, serving from 1883 to 1895. The collection contains a letter dated May 1, 1884 from Dolph to J. D. Lee of Dallas, Oregon concerning Oregon politics.
George Washington Dunn (1864-1961) served as a Republican in the Oregon legislator, first in the House and then from 1923-1942, in the Senate. The collection contains correspondence from constituents and other interested parties. concerns requests from and advice of constituents, and political negotiations.
W. Al Jones ( -1918?) was a native Oregonian of Marion County, was a Catholic, a stock farm owner, and served in the Oregon state house as a senator representing Marion and Wallowa counties. The collection (1918) contains incoming correspondence regarding his political campaign, including letters regarding anti-catholic bias.
- Anti-Catholicism -- Oregon -- History -- 20th century 1
- Customs administration -- Oregon -- History -- 19th century 1
- Legislators -- Oregon -- Marion County 1
- Political campaigns -- Oregon 1
- Politicians -- Oregon -- Marion County 1
- Republican Party (Or.) 2
- Dolph, Joseph N. (Joseph Norton), 1835-1897 1
- Dunn, George Washington, 1864-1961 1
- Jones, W. Al 1