Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
J. T. Bowditch, of Ashland, Oregon, represented Jackson County in the Oregon House of Representatives, beginning in 1887, and he was re-elected in 1889. The collection contains a letter dated February 9, 1887, by Bowditch to (Judge?) L. R. Webster regarding a bill that would lower the salary of circuit court judges.
Fred Harrison, of Brownsville, Oregon, served in the Oregon State House of Representatives as a Democrat, from 1935 to 1937, representing Linn County. The collection (1935-1937) contains legislative speeches, and (political) poetry.
Nan Wood Honeyman was Democratic Representative from Oregon, 3rd District, 1937-1939. The collection consists of letters concerning her political campaigns, the improvement of the Sandy River, and other district improvement projects. There are two personal notes from Eleanor Roosevelt.
Hannah Martin (1894 - ) was an attorney and the first woman elected (in 1933 and in 1935) to the Oregon House of Representatives. The collection (1933-1935) contains legislative correspondence from constituents and other concerned parties, and replies from Martin.
Henry Semon (1884-1958) was a legislative representative of Klamath County, Oregon from 1933 to 1955. The collection consists primarily of Semon's incoming and outgoing legislative correspondence.
Virgil Bain Staples worked as a ranch hand in eastern Oregon, became a businessman in Ontario, Oregon, and served in the Oregon Legislature as representative from the 31st District, Malheur County, 1933-1945. The collection contains legislative correspondence regarding requests and advice from constituents and lobbyists, 1933-1937.
Jacob H. (Jack) Wagner (1895-1964) , originally from Russia, was elected to the Oregon House of Representatives in 1937 and also ran as a Democratic in the primary for U.S. Representative from Oregon 3rd District in May 1938. The collection (1936-1939) contains legislative correspondence, including letters from constituents.
- Oregon 6
- Correspondence 5
- Politicians -- Oregon -- Correspondence 4
- Legislators -- Oregon -- Correspondence 3
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1933-1945 2
- Circuit courts -- Oregon 1
- Courts -- Officials and employees -- Salaries, etc. -- Oregon 1
- Customs administration -- Officials and employees 1
- Judges -- Salaries, etc. -- Oregon 1
- Lawyers -- Oregon -- Correspondence 1
- Legislators -- Oregon 1
- Legislators -- Oregon -- Klamath County -- Correspondence 1
- Legislators -- Oregon -- Linn County 1
- Legislators -- United States 1
- Malheur County (Or.) -- Politics and government -- 20th century 1
- New Deal, 1933-1939 -- Oregon 1
- Poetry 1
- Political campaigns -- Oregon 1
- Politicians -- Oregon 1 + ∧ less
- Bowditch, J. T. 1
- Democratic Party (Or.) 1
- Hanzen, Hannah Martin, 1894-1989 1
- Harrison, Fred, 1883-1963 1
- Honeyman, Nan Wood, 1881-1970 1