Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
The C. Girard Davidson Papers document the career of attorney, politician, and businessman Crow Girard "Jebby" Davidson (1910-1996). The collection is organized into major series concerning government projects, legal cases, political activities, and business interests. The majority of material related to Davidson's service as Assistant Secretary of the Interior (1946-1950) is housed in the Truman Presidential Library in Independence, Missouri.
Kenneth L. Holmes was a reverend, a McMinnville, Oregon newspaper editor, and a History professor at Linfield College. The collection (1952-1968) contains correspondence, including letters from Oregon politicians, and also a 33 1/2 rpm flexidisc recording of an interview with Wayne Morse regarding Vietnam.
The collection contains the professional files of one of Oregon's leading conservationists in the mid-twentieth century, Gertrude Glutsch Jensen. The collection includes materials relating to the Columbia River Gorge Commission, the Oregon Roadside Council, the Civil War Centennial Commission, and the Portland Women's Forum. The material is in the form of reports, letters, notes, and minutes.
Wayne Lyman Morse (1900-1974) was a United States Senator from 1945-1969. He was a member of the Labor and Welfare Committee, Armed Services Committee, and Foreign Relations Committee and served as a delegate to the United Nations. The collection contains senatorial papers, 1944-1968, research material, arbitration decisions, speeches, financial material, mementos and personal and general correspondence.
Richard Lewis Neuberger (1912-1960), an Oregon native, was a U.S. Senator (D-OR) from 1954 to 1960. The Richard Neuberger collection consists of correspondence, legislation, published articles, and newspaper articles which pertain to the literary and political career of Richard Lewis Neuberger.
Harrison Spangler (1879-1965) was a Spanish-American war veteran who later served as a committee member and National Chairman of the Republican Party during the 1930-1940's, and after WWII became involved with Oregon politics. The collection consists of five major series: Wayne Morse, Robert Taft, Richard Neuberger, the Republican Party, and Harrison Spangler personal records.
- Names: Neuberger, Richard L. (Richard Lewis), 1912-1960 X
- Oregon 7
- Correspondence 6
- Environmental Conditions 4
- Politics and Politicians 4
- Logging 3
- Moving Images 3
- Oregon -- Politics and government 3
- Pacific Northwest History 3
- Scrapbooks 3
- Sound Recordings 3
- Authors, American -- Oregon 2
- Conservation of natural resources 2
- Conservation of natural resources -- Oregon 2
- Environmentalists -- Oregon 2
- Legislators -- Oregon 2
- Legislators -- United States 2
- Native Americans 2
- Oregon -- Politics and government -- 1951- 2
- Photographic prints 2
- Politicians -- Oregon 2 + ∧ less
- Morse, Wayne L. (Wayne Lyman), 1900-1974 8
- Neuberger, Maurine B. (Maurine Brown), 1907-2000 3
- Green, Edith, 1910-1987 2
- Hatfield, Mark O., 1922-2011 2
- Porter, Charles Orlando, 1919-2006 2
- United States. Congress. Senate 2
- Anselm Forum, Inc. 1
- Bessey, Roy F. (Roy Frederic), 1889-1980 1
- Bowles, Chester, 1901-1986 1
- Bright, Verne, 1893-1977 1
- Campbell, Prince Lucien, 1861-1925 1
- Columbia Basin Inter-Agency Committee 1
- Cordon, Guy F., 1890-1969 1
- Davidson, C. Girard (Crowe Girard), 1910- 1
- Davidson, Sylvia Nemer 1
- Democratic National Committee (U.S.) 1
- Douglas, William O. (William Orville), 1898-1980 1
- Ernst, Alice Henson, 1880-1980 1
- Federation of Western Outdoor Clubs 1 + ∧ less