Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Henry Cummins (1840-1901) was a well-read and enthusiastic student of topics various and sundry with a partiality for pseudo-science. The collection (1858-1863) consists of Cummins' personal correspondence as well as a memory book and miscellaneous papers.
Bertram Wilson Huffman (1870-1953) of Summerville, Union County, Oregon, who worked for railroads and drove horses, became a celebrated writer and poet in Oregon. The collection (1889-1945) contains manuscripts of poems, articles, and essays, photographs, clippings of published pieces, and correspondence.
Walter E. Meacham (1879-1951) was a historian and Oregon Trail enthusiast. The Walter Meacham papers consist of correspondence, manuscripts, research notes, and a variety of materials associated with the Old Oregon Trail Association and Meacham's promotional activities.
Phil Metschan, Sr. (1840-1920) was born in Hesse-Cassel, Germany and travelled to the United States and settled in Canyon City, Oregon where he ran a store, became Oregon state treasurer, and established a hotel in Portland, Oregon. The collection contains correspondence, diaries, financial and legal records, pioneer family files, photographs and memorabilia.
Joaquin Miller (1837-1913) was the pen name of Cincinnatus Hiner Miller, a Northwest writer, newspaper publisher, and poet. The collection contains a letter by Miller to Lee Moorhouse, dated July 12, 1907.
Joaquin Miller (1837-1913) was the pen name of Cincinnatus Hiner Miller, a Northwest writer, newspaper publisher, and poet. The collection contains four poems by Miller.
Joaquin Miller (1837-1913) was the pen name of Cincinnatus Hiner Miller, a Northwest writer, newspaper publisher, and poet. The collection (1868-1960) contains correspondence and published works by Miller, and also material collected by Pherne Miller regarding her Uncle Joaquin, including photographs, as well as her personal papers.
Joaquin Miller (1837-1913) was the pen name of Cincinnatus Hiner (or Heine) Miller, a Northwest writer, newspaper publisher, and poet. The collection (1874) contains a poem by Miller titled, "In the City of the Sea."
- Correspondence 6
- Poetry -- Authorship 5
- Photographs 4
- Poets, American -- Oregon 4
- Authors, American -- 20th century 3
- Authors, American -- Oregon 3
- Manuscripts for publication 3
- Oregon -- Poetry 3
- Poets, American -- 19th century 3
- Poets, American -- 20th century 3
- Authors, American -- 19th century 2
- Clippings 2
- Oregon -- Politics and government -- 1859-1950 2
- Pioneers -- Oregon 2
- Poems 2
- Poetry 2
- Poets, American -- California 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Ambrotypes 1 ∧ less
- Allen, Merritt Parmelee, 1892-1954 1
- American Pioneer Trails Association 1
- Cattanach, Anna Metschan, 1869-1956 1
- Cummins, Henry, 1840-1901 1
- Dye, Eva Emery, 1855-1947 1
- Frost, O. W. (Orcutt William), 1926- 1
- Garland, Hamlin, 1860-1940 1
- Hodsen, Florence 1
- Hubbard, Elbert, 1856-1915 1
- Huffman, Bert, 1870-1953 1
- Imperial Hotel (Portland, Or.) 1
- Klinge, Frank H.M. 1
- Kreymborg, Alfred, 1883-1966 1
- Marberry, M. Marion, 1908- 1
- Marsh, Sidney H. (Sidney Harper), 1825-1879 1
- Meacham family 1
- Meacham, Walter E., 1879-1951 1
- Metschan family 1
- Metschan, Phil, Jr., 1876-1951 1 ∧ less