Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Homer Barnett papers
Homer Barnett (1906-1985) was an anthropologist who studied the indigenous people of the Palau Islands, and a professor at the University of Oregon from 1939 to 1974. The collection includes faculty papers, correspondence, student works, writings, research notes, sound recordings, microfilm, slides, photographs, personal papers, and film that reflect his life and career.
Dorothy C. Cressman papers
Born in 1888, Dorothy Cecilia Cressman (nee Loch) was involved with democratic socialist politics and research in Great Britain in the early twentieth century. This collection contains material from her time working with the Fabian Society, the Labour Research Department, and the British Sociological Society, and includes such records as minutes, newsletters, publications, reports, and memos.
Luther Cressman papers
Collection includes personal papers, professional papers, publications, field notes, slides and negatives, and reel-to-reel films relating to the career of Luther Cressman (1897-1994), an anthropologist and University of Oregon professor who focused on prehistoric man in Oregon.
Governor's Committee for the Oregon Museum of History, Science, and Industry records
The Oregon Governor's Committee for the Oregon Museum of History, Science, and Industry was tasked to gather information and support needed to create a new Oregon museum; the resulting museum would become OMSI (Oregon Museum of Science and Industry). The collection (1943-1944) contains meeting minutes, and reports.
Oregon. State Defense Council. Lane County, District no. 10, (Eugene) records
The records in this collection are from the Lane County, District no. 10 (Eugene) division of the Oregon State Defense council. The collection (1942-1944) contains correspondence, minutes, committee records, evacuation plans, emergency test reports, minutes of the police reserve group, and University of Oregon Aircraft Warning Service observation post log books.
- Names: Cressman, Luther S., 1897-1994 X
- Correspondence 3
- Oregon 3
- Anthropologists -- United States 2
- Anthropology 2
- Colleges and Universities 2
- Photographs 2
- Reports 2
- Sound Recordings 2
- Anthropologists -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Anthropology -- Pacific Area 1
- Anthropology -- Palau 1
- Anthropology -- Papua New Guinea 1
- Anthropology -- Societies, etc. 1
- Archaeologists -- United States 1
- Archaeologists -- United States -- Biography 1
- Archaeologists -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Archives -- Oregon 1
- Articles of incorporation 1
- Civil defense -- Oregon 1
- Civil defense -- Oregon -- Eugene 1 + ∧ less
- University of Oregon 3
- American Anthropological Association 1
- Barnett, H. G. (Homer Garner), 1906-1985 1
- Mead, Margaret, 1901-1978 1
- Oregon Museum Foundation 1