Scope and Contents note
The Margaret Evans Price papers contain illustrations in the form of tear sheets from American Girl Magazine and her published books
- Price, Margaret Evans, 1888-1973 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Margaret Evans Price (March 20, 1888-November 20, 1973) born in Chicago, Illinois, is known for her work as an artist, illustrator, toy designer, and author of novels and children's books. Price was founder with her husband, Irving Price, and Herman G. Fisher of the Fisher-Price toy company during the 1930's. Her paintings have been exhibited at the Albright Art Gallery in Buffalo, New York, and at the Museum of the New York Historical Society, which houses a permanent collection of her works. Price's children's books include Legends of the Seven Seas and Animals Marooned, and her novels for adults include Mirage and Night Must End.
0.6 linear feet (2 containers)
Language of Materials
Margaret Evans Price (1888-1973) was an illustrator, artist, entrepreneur and writer of children's books. The collection includes original illustrations, published works and tear sheets from American Girl magazine.
Collection is organized into the following series:
Series: Tear sheet Illustrations
Series: Published Books
Immediate Source of Acquisition note
Gift of Margaret Price in 1975.
Processing Information note
Collection processed by processing staff, September 1975.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Book illustrations Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Children and Youth Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Children's literature, American -- Illustrations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustrated children's books -- United States -- Specimens Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Illustrators -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Literature Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Price, Margaret Evans, 1888-1973
- Tear sheets Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Women Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Women authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Young adult literature, American -- Illustrations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Margaret Evans Price Papers
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by Rachael Davies
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.