Charles Edward Lambert correspondences received
Scope and Contents
This collection contains three folders with 65 incoming letters from 1862-1894.
The collection consists entirely of letters received by Charles Edward Lambert. Most of the letters are from various members of the Lambert family in Ireland and elsewhere. There are 44 letters from Richard M. Lambert, a brother, who was a minor civil servant in India from 1867-1893. His letters describe the difficulties of English colonization.
- Lambert, Charles Edward (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Charles Lambert was president of Willamette University in Salem, Oregon, from 1879-1880. He was also a professor of rhetoric at the University of Oregon from 1882-1884.
0.15 linear feet (3 containers) : 3 folders
Language of Materials
Charles Lambert was president of Willamette University in Salem, Oregon, 1879-1880, and professor of rhetoric at the University of Oregon, 1882-1884. This collection contains three folders with 65 incoming letters from 1862-1894.
Material within this collection is minimally arranged. Any arrangement is either derived from the records' creators or custodians or from staff at the time of initial processing. It may be necessary to look in multiple places for the same types of materials.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Colleges and Universities Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Education, Higher -- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Great Britain -- Colonies -- Asia Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- India -- Politics and government -- 1857-1919 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters Subject Source: Genre Terms: A Thesaurus for Use in Rare Book and Special Collections Cataloguing
- University of Oregon
- Willamette University
- Guide to the Charles Edward Lambert Correspondences Received
- Complete Description
- University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team, Amanda Steele, and Chasmodai Cassidy
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA