Charles Marquis Warren papers
Scope and Contents note
The papers include professional correspondence, screenplays, television plays, book and article manuscripts. In addition to the screenplays by Warren, the collection includes scripts by Sy Bartlett, Jonathan Latimer, and Ranald MacDougall.
- Warren, Charles Marquis, 1912-1990 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Charles Marquis Warren was born in Baltimore, Maryland, in 1912 and educated at Baltimore City College. He was a writer, director, and producer of screenplays and television plays.
5 linear feet (5 containers)
Language of Materials
Collection comprises the papers of American author Charles Marquis Warren, including professional correspondence, screenplays, television plays, and manuscripts of books and articles. In addition to screenplays by Warren, collection includes scripts by Sy Bartlett, Jonathan Latimer and Ranald MacDougall.
Collection is organized into the following series: ManuscriptsCorrespondencePublicationsPersonal DataMiscellaneous
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Bartlett, Sy, 1903-1978
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Detective and mystery stories, American -- Authorship Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Latimer, Jonathan, 1906-1983
- Literature Subject Source: Archiveswest
- MacDougall, Ranald
- Pulp literature, American -- Authorship Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Warren, Charles Marquis, 1912-1990
- Western stories -- Authorship Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Charles Marquis Warren Papers
- Complete Description
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA