Scope and Contents note
The collection includes manuscripts for both published and non-published short stories, plays, books, and articles, as well as tear sheets, radio scripts, correspondence, scrapbooks, and original illustrations by Agnes Randall Moore.
- Plowhead, Ruth Gipson, 1877-1967 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Ruth Gipson Plowhead (1877-1970) born in Greeley, Colorado, was a newspaper editor and author of books for juveniles. She was educated at the College of Idaho, now called Albertson College of Idaho.
2 linear feet (3 containers)
Language of Materials
Ruth Gipson Plowhead (1877-1970) is known for authoring books for children and young people. The collection consists of manuscripts, books and short stories, minor correspondence, and original illustrations by Agnes Randall Moore
Collection is organized into the following series:
Series: Literary Manuscripts
Series: Tear sheets
Processing Information note
Collection processed by processing staff, 1971.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Book illustrations Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Children and Youth Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Literature Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Moore, Agnes Randall
- Plowhead, Ruth Gipson, 1877-1967
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Tear sheets Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Women Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Women authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women illustrators -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Young adult literature, American -- Authorship Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Young adult literature, American -- Illustrations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Ruth Gipson Plowhead Papers
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by processing staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.