Scope and Contents
This collection consists of Cecil C. Hallin's alphabetical case files created between 1928-1938.
- circa 1928-1938
- Hallin, Cecil C., 1899-1959 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Cecil C. Hallin was an attorney and county prosecutor in Washington State from 1926-1959. Born in Cambridge, Minnesota in 1899, Hallin moved to Longview, Washington in 1926 after graduating from the University of Minnesota Law School. Hallin was elected prosecuting attorney of Cowlitz County in 1930 and served from 1931 to 1935. After his service to the county, Hallin entered private practice. He soon joined by his son David B. Hallin, and established the firm Hallin and Hallin in Longview, Washington. Cecil C. Hallin died in 1959.
6 linear feet (4 containers)
Language of Materials
Cecil C. Hallin was an attorney and county prosecutor in Washington State from 1926-1959. This collection consists of his alphabetical case files created between 1928 and 1938.
The collection is arranged alphabetically by client surname.
4 record center boxes.
This collection was processed by staff in 1961. Additional description by staff in 2017.
- Law -- Sources Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Laws and Legislation Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Lawyers -- Washington (State) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Legal files Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Washington (State) Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Guide to the Cecil C. Hallin papers
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.