William Allen Wiest papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains case files and Oregon State Bar grievance committee documents.
The case files are organized alphabetically by case title and mostly deal with estate cases.
- Wiest, William Allen, 1885-1960 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
William Allen Wiest (1885-1960) was an attorney in Independence, Oregon. He graduated from Willamette University College of Law.
6 linear feet (4 containers) : 4 record storage boxes
Language of Materials
William Allen Wiest (1885-1960) was an attorney in Independence, Oregon. The collection contains case files and Oregon State Bar grievance committee documents.
Material within this collection may have little to no intellectual or physical arrangement. Any arrangement may have derived from the records' creators or custodians. It may be necessary to look in multiple places for the same types of materials.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal to no organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Case files Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Estates (Law) -- Oregon -- Cases Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lawyers -- Oregon -- Independence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Legal files Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oregon State Bar. Grievance Committee
- Practice of law -- Oregon -- Independence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Wiest, William Allen, 1885-1960
- Guide to the William Allen Wiest Papers
- Complete Description
- University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team and Tanya Parlet.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA