Scope and Contents note
The collection consists of motion picture and television scripts by both Collins and others. In addition, there is correspondence, contracts, production material and notes on script ideas.
- Collins, Richard, 1914-2013 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Richard J. Collins is a writer and producer born in New York City on July 20, 1914. He attended Stanford University and became a junior writer at 20th Century Fox during the years 1936 and 1937. He was a one of the producers of Bonanza at the National Broadcasting Company in the 1960s.
9 linear feet (6 containers)
Language of Materials
Collection comprises papers of American screenwriter and producer Richard Collins and includes motion picture scripts, scenarios, screen plays, outlines and treatments by Collins and others; television scripts, including scripts for the Breaking point and Chrysler theatre series; and professional correspondence. Major correspondents are Marjorie Cantor, Frank Dorsey, Arnaud d'Usseau and Ned Russell.
Collection is organized into the following series: Motion picture scripts, scenarios, screenplays, outlines, treatments by Richard CollinsMotion picture scripts, and screenplays by othersTelevision scripts and related materials
Processing Information note
Collection processed by processing staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Collins, Richard, 1914-2013
- Collins, Richard, 1914-2013
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Literature Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Screenplays Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Screenwriters -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Television scripts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Television writers -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Richard Collins Papers
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by Erin O'Meara
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.