Jean Fritz (1915- ) became an author of children's historical fiction and won many awards. The collection contains manuscripts and correspondence.
- Fritz, Jean (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Jean Fritz (1915 - ) was born in China to missionary parents, Arthur and Myrtle Guttery. She became a children's author. Fritz wrote juvenile historical fiction and won many awards. Her works include Early Thunder and George Washington's Breakfast.
1.5 linear feet (2 containers)
Language of Materials
Material within this collection may have little to no intellectual or physical arrangement. Any arrangement may have derived from the records' creators or custodians. It may be necessary to look in multiple places for the same types of materials.
Other Finding Aids
Paper finding aid with additional information is available in Special Collections & University Archives.
1 manuscript box, and 1 clamshell box.
Collection processed by staff, 1968; 1972.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal to no organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- American literature -- Women authors Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Children's literature, American -- Authorship Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Literature Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Women authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Jean Fritz Papers
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet and Kira B. Homo.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).