George Van Gorder papers
Scope and Contents
The collection contains bound volumes that include case records, diagnoses, treatment reports, and photographs or copies of x-rays, 1925-1928. Also includes one folder of biographical material.
- Van Gorder, George, 1888-1969 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
George Van Gorder (1888-1969) was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and educated at Williams College and Harvard Medical School.
From 1919 to 1928 he was associated with the Peking Union Medical College Hospital, China, as a professor and surgeon. His specialty was orthopedic surgery.
1.5 linear feet (1 container) : 1 record storage box
Language of Materials
George Van Gorder (1888-1969) specialized in orthopedic surgery and became a professor and surgeon at the Peking Union Medical College Hospital, China. The collection contains bound volumes that include case records, diagnoses, treatment reports, and photographs or copies of x-rays, 1925-1928.
Material within this collection may have little to no intellectual or physical arrangement. Any arrangement may have derived from the records' creators or custodians. It may be necessary to look in multiple places for the same types of materials.
Other Finding Aids
Paper finding aid with additional information is available in Special Collections & University Archives.
Collection processed by staff, 1971.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
This collection received a basic level of processing including minimal to no organization and rehousing.
Description information is drawn in part from information supplied with the collection and initial surveys of the contents.
- Hospital records -- China -- Beijing Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Medical care -- China -- Beijing Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Medical records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Medicine and Health Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Orthopedists -- China Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Physicians -- China Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Radiographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Van Gorder, George, 1888-1969
- Xie he yi yuan (Beijing, China)
- Guide to the George Van Gorder Papers
- Complete Description
- Tanya Parlet and Kira B. Homo.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA