Ruth Myers Franchere papers
Scope and Contents note
The collection includes correspondence, manuscripts, and research notes. There are six manuscripts, 156 letters sent and 303 letters received.
- Franchere, Ruth (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Ruth Franchere was born in Mason City, Iowa to H. Verne and Celta Huffman. She married Hoyt Franchere, an author, in 1928, and graduated from the University of Iowa in 1930. Franchere was an author of books for juveniles and a member of the Author's Guild and the Author's League of America. She was an English lecturer at the University of Oregon, University of Washington and Portland State University.
3 linear feet (2 container)
Language of Materials
Ruth Franchere was born in Mason City, Iowa and educated at the University of Iowa. Franchere was an author of books for juveniles, such as Willa and Hannah Herself. The collection includes correspondence, manuscripts, and research notes.
Collection is organized into the following series:
Series I: Manuscripts
Series II: Correspondence (1957-1968)
Immediate Source of Acquisition note
Gift of Ruth Myers Franchere in 1969.
General Physical Description note
2 record storage boxes
Processing Information note
Collection processed by processing staff, December 1969.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Children and Youth Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Literature Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Women Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Women authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Young adult literature, American -- Authorship Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Ruth Myers Franchere Papers
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by processing staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA