Dorothy Sterling (The Luce Empire) papers
Dorothy Sterling (1913-2008) is a writer, particularly of fiction and non-fiction books for children and young adults. The collection consists of a typed manuscript for "The Luce Empire", as well as supporting research materials for the book dating from 1923-1950.
- Sterling, Dorothy, 1913-2008 (Person)
Language of Materials
Collection materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Dorothy Sterling (1913-2008) is a writer, particularly of fiction and non-fiction books for children and young adults. "The Luce Empire" is Sterling's unpublished history of Time, Inc. and founder Henry Robinson Luce.
3 linear feet (2 boxes)
Box 1: "Luce Empire" manuscript, Research files (A-P), Box 2: Research files (P-Z); Research files are arranged alphabetically by subject.
Other Finding Aids
Finding aid available in Special Collections & University Archives.
Processing Information note
Collection is processed.
- Business records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Interviews Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Luce, Henry Robinson (1898-1967)
- Manuscripts (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Periodicals -- Publishing -- United States -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Publishers and publishing -- United States -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Research notes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Time, inc.
- Guide to the Dorothy Sterling (The Luce Empire) papers
- Preliminary Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA