Lawrence Block manuscripts
Scope and Contents
The manuscripts are of adventure novels written under Block's name: After the First Death, Deadly Honeymoon, Letts Fall in Love (Tanners Twelve Swingers), Operation Bankroll (The Specialist), The Scoreless Thai (Two for Tanner), Sex and the Stewardess, The Swinging Society, Tanner and the Virgin (Here Comes a Hero), Tanner's Tiger, The Cancelled Czech, and The Girl with the Long Green Heart. Also included is Passport to Peril, written under the pseudonym Anne Campbell Clark, and two clinical sex books, written under the name John Warren Wells: The New Sexual Underground and Women and Boys.
There is also a folder of short stories, articles and outlines.
- Block, Lawrence (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Lawrence Block (1938- ) is an acclaimed contemporary American crime writer best known for his books about recovering alcoholic P.I. Matthew Scudder and burglar Bernie Rhodenbarr, respectively. Block was named a Grand Master by the Mystery Writers of America in 1993.
2 linear feet (2 containers) : 1 record storage box and 1 manuscript box
Language of Materials
Lawrence Block (1938- ) is an acclaimed contemporary American crime writer. The collection consists of 17 of Block's manuscripts, as well as short stories, articles and outlines.
Other Finding Aids
Paper finding aid with additional information is available in Special Collections & University Archives.
Collection processed by staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Adventure stories Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Manuscripts Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Block, Lawrence
- Literature Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Mystery fiction Subject Source: Local sources
- Guide to the Lawrence Block Manuscripts
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by University of Oregon Libraries, Archivists' Toolkit Project Team and Austin Munsell
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for production of this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA