Collection comprises papers of American etcher and architect Louis Conrad Rosenberg, and includes matted etchings, dry points, watercolors, journals, catalogs, architectural renderings, awards, books from his personal library, and information from interviews.
- circa 1900-1970
- Rosenberg, Louis Conrad, 1890-1983 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
18 linear feet (9 containers)
Language of Materials
Other Finding Aids note
Paper finding aid with additional information available in Special Collections & University Archives.
Immediate Source of Acquisition note
Gift of Louis Conrad Rosenberg in 1969.
Processing Information note
Collection processed by Gail McMillan, 1978. Revisions completed by Alexandra M. Bisio, 2018.
- Architects -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Architectural drawings Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Architectural photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Architecture Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Architecture -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Architecture, Modern -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Etching, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Fine Arts Subject Source: Archiveswest
- etchings (prints) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to the Louis Conrad Rosenberg collection
- Complete Description
- Gail McMillan
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.