Scope and Contents
The papers consist of television scripts for a variety of adventure, mystery and western programs, particularly Gunsmoke and The Rifleman. There is one screenplay, Fury at Firecreek, in several forms, including the novelized form by William R. Cox.
- Clements, Calvin (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Author was born in Jersey City, New Jersey (Febraury 14, 1915) and attended high school for one year. He was a fireboat pilot in the New York City Fire Department, retiring after 20 years. He wrote adventure stories and novels, television plays, and motion picture plays. Clements died on March 11, 1997.
3 linear feet (2 containers)
Language of Materials
Calvin J. Clements (1915-1997) was a writer of television scripts, screenplays, and adventure stories. The collection includes television scripts and one screenplay.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Calvin J. Clements in 1970.
Collection processed by processing staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clements, Calvin
- Cox, William R. (William Robert), 1901-1988
- Literature Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Screenplays Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Screenwriters -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Television scripts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Television writers -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Western films -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Western television programs -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Calvin Clements Papers
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by processing staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.