Scope and Contents note
The Anne Terry White Papers contain correspondence from various publishers and literary agents, original manuscripts, and White's published translations.
- White, Anne Terry (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Anne Terry White (1896-1980) was born in Ukraine (then Russia). Throughout her life she has been a teacher, social worker, editor of Young Citizen, and writer for Social Security Board. She attended Brown University in 1918 and Stanford University in 1925. White married in 1918, and had two daughters, Ruth and Joan.
1.5 linear feet (1 container)
Language of Materials
Collection comprises correspondence, literary manuscripts, and foreign language translations by author, editor, and translator Anne Terry White (1896-1980).
Collection is organized into the following series: ManuscriptsCorrespondenceForeign Language Translations
Processing Information note
Collection processed by processing staff.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Children and Youth Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Children's literature, American -- Authorship Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Literature Subject Source: Archiveswest
- White, Anne Terry
- Women Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Women authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Young adult literature, American -- Authorship Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Anne Terry White Papers
- Revise Description
- Finding aid prepared by processing staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.