Elisabeth Hamilton Friermood papers
Scope and Contents note
Collection comprises manuscripts for nine works of young adult fiction by American author Elisabeth Hamilton Friermood.
- Friermood, Elisabeth Hamilton (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Elizabeth Friermood (1903-1992) was an author and public librarian in Indiana and Ohio. Friermood was educated at Northwestern University, and the University of Wisconsin. She married Harold T. Friermood, in 1928 and they had a daughter, Libby.
1.5 linear feet (1 container)
Language of Materials
Elizabeth Friermood (1903-1992) was an author and public librarian in Indiana and Ohio. Friermood was educated at Northwestern University, and the University of Wisconsin. The collection includes original manuscripts and related material as well as correspondence.
Immediate Source of Acquisition note
Gift of Elisabeth Hamilton Friermood in 1968.
General Physical Description note
Processing Information note
Collection processed by processing staff, January 1969.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Children and Youth Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Friermood, Elisabeth Hamilton
- Literature Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Women Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Women authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Young adult literature, American -- Authorship Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Elisabeth Hamilton Friermood Papers
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by processing staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA