Scope and Contents note
The Mary Francis Craig Papers include original manuscripts and correspondence, as well as eight addenda. The collection also contains various fan mail and miscellaneous material.
- Craig, M. S. (Mary Shura), 1923-1991 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Mary Francis Craig was a recipient of the Carl Sandburg Literary Arts Award in 1985 and was elected president of the Mystery Writers of America in 1990. She wrote children's books under the name Mary Francis Shura and dozens of adult books and mystery novels under the names M. S. Craig, Mary Francis Craig and Meredith Hill.
26 linear feet ( 18 containers)
Language of Materials
Mary Francis Craig (1924-1991) was a writer of mystery novels and children's books. She was a recipient of the Carl Sandburg Literary Arts Award in 1985, and was elected president of the Mystery Writers of America in 1990. The Mary Francis Craig Papers include original manuscripts and correspondence, as well as eight addenda.
Collection is organized into the following series:
Series: Addenda 1 (1969)
Series: Addenda 2 (1970)
Series: Addenda 3 (1971)
Series: Addenda 4 (1973)
Series: Addenda 5 (1974)
Series: Addenda 6 (1977)
Series: Addenda 7 (1979)
Series: Addenda 8 (1980)
Addenda 11 closed
Addenda 11 contains original publication agreements and Craig's Tax ID number.
Processing Information note
Collection processed by processing staff, February 1980.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Children and Youth Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Detective and mystery stories, American -- Authorship Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Literature Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Publishers and publishing Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Women authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Young adult literature, American -- Authorship Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Mary Francis Craig Papers
- Revise Description
- Finding aid prepared by processing staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.