Scope and Contents
This collection contains manuscripts of historical novels for young people by Elizabeth Howard Mizner.
- McLelland, Isabel C. (Isabel Couper) (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Biographical / Historical
Isabel Couper McLelland was an American author of books for young people. Born in Scotland, she moved to Portland, Oregon at a young age and lived and worked in the Pacific Northwest.
1.5 linear feet (1 container)
Language of Materials
Isabel Couper McLelland was born in Scotland and moved to Portland, Oregon with her parents. She was educated at the University of Oregon and taught in Portland, Oregon. The papers include manuscripts of 4 books for juveniles and correspondence with Henry Holt & Co.; as well as a typed copy of an epistolary diary kept by the author on her trip around the world in 1956.
Collection is organized into the following series:
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Isabel Couper McLelland in 1968.
Collection processed by processing staff, July 1968.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Children and Youth Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Literature Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Manuscripts for publication Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- McLelland, Isabel C. (Isabel Couper)
- Oregon Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Portland Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Publishers and Publishing Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Women Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Women authors, American -- 20th century Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Young adult literature, American -- Authorship Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Isabel Couper McLelland Papers
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by processing staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English.
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.