Dorothy Nathan papers
Scope and Contents note
The collection includes manuscript for the book David and the Talking Cat, some published works, and correspondence, mainly with Random House, 1942-1967.
- Nathan, Dorothy (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
Collection is open to the public. Collection must be used in Special Collections and University Archives Reading Room. Collection or parts of collection may be stored offsite. Please contact Special Collections and University Archives in advance of your visit to allow for transportation time.
Conditions Governing Use note
Property rights reside with Special Collections and University Archives, University of Oregon Libraries. Copyright resides with the creators of the documents or their heirs. All requests for permission to publish collection materials must be submitted to Special Collections and University Archives. The reader must also obtain permission of the copyright holder.
Dorothy Goldeen Nathan ( -1966) was an Oregon-born social worker and teacher before she began writing books for young people. She graduated from the University of California and married an editor, Paul Nathan. They had three children: Janet, Andrew, and Carl.
0.5 linear feet (1 containers)
Language of Materials
Dorothy Goldeen Nathan ( -1966) was an Oregon-born social worker and teacher before she began writing books for young people. The papers include correspondence about her books Women of Courage (New York, 1964) and The Shy One (New York, 1966), an unpublished manuscript, and published works.
Collection is organized into the following series:
Series: Published Works
Subseries A: Letters Sent
Subseries B: Letters Received
Immediate Source of Acquisition note
Gift of Dorothy Nathan in 1967.
Processing Information note
Collection processed by processing staff, December 1968.
This finding aid may be updated periodically to account for new acquisitions to the collection and/or revisions in arrangement and description.
- Children and Youth Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Literature Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Nathan, Dorothy
- Publishers and Publishing Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Publishers and publishing -- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Random House (Firm)
- Random House (Firm)
- Women Subject Source: Archiveswest
- Women authors, American -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Young adult literature, American -- Authorship Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Guide to the Dorothy Nathan Papers
- Complete Description
- Finding aid prepared by processing staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- Funding for encoding this finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Endowment for the Humanities.
Part of the University of Oregon Libraries, Special Collections and University Archives Repository
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene OR 97403-1299 USA